ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Oil Cover Panel

Clio 172 Ph1
The silver engine oil cover panel came off yesterday whilst I was driving, and decided it wanted to melt itself on the engine :-/

Will Renault likely be able to supply me with one? If not, anyone know where I can get one from, and what the likely cost is going to be?

Cheers

Nissan 350Z
I'd just rip it out and forget about it. Its not needed, and it adds weight.

If you want one bad enough, assuming you can collect, you can buy mine.

Clio 182 Cup
Or, for around £100 you can get yerself a funky carbon fibre engine cover.

Pointless but purty.

Clio 172 Ph1
pbirkett said:
I'd just rip it out and forget about it. Its not needed, and it adds weight.

Well, it weighs practically nothing to be honest, and it just looks daft without it in my opinion, so I definately want to replace it.

pbirkett said:
If you want one bad enough, assuming you can collect, you can buy mine.

Hehe thanks for the offer, but I don't want it that badly that I'll drive a 150 mile round trip for it :D

Clio 172 Ph1
Xander said:
Or, for around £100 you can get yerself a funky carbon fibre engine cover.

Pointless but purty.

£100?! No ta, bit too expensive, think I'll stick with it stock :)

Clio 172 Ph1
kullycliosport said:
the oil cover part of the engine cover is only about 12 notes from the stealers :eek:

Nice one, that's what I like to hear :D

Cheers for that mate, I'll head on over tomorrow.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its a bit weird how its managed to come loose . They are usually a bit of a t**t to get off without breaking the clip that holds it in .

Have you just had your oil changed , or was the metal clip broken off to start with .

Best thing to do when your changing the oil is take off the whole engine cover so you don't break the clip .

Clio 172 Ph1
The clip was already broken on one side from a previous owner, so I wasn't too surprised when it came off.

Ta for the advice on oil changes, I'll bear it in mind.