ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine over heating

i have just had a sports back box put on my 96 1.4 rt clio, after about an hours driving the engine seams to be very very hot,

you now the dial where the needle is ment to be in between the two marks, it always was for hours before the exhausts, but now it goes past the two makes,

any ideas how i can sort this out, HOPE this makes sense;)

cheers for any help

1) Make sure your fan isnt broken

2)make sure you have enough coolant/water in your water bottle

3)Make sure your oil level is ok

Mine is a valver and it does it all the time - my fan is broken though! In the mean time (so as to be on the safe side) put your heaters on full and wind your windows down, get it fixed though coz it can become a real problem.

Clios tend to get pretty warm anyway tho! ;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

check the coolant level and sign of any leaks. might be worth having a look at the thermostat as well. it has been hot weather lately so that would increase engine temp slightly.

im talking about the mk1 mate, the third mark is the very top bit, in the red. The whole gauage is split into 3 sections