ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine overheating light & "Water in fuel/technical fault" light are on.

1.2 16V
I'm having a bit of trouble with my '05 plate 1.2 clio. When I turn the car on, the engine overheating light is on immediately. Also, if I drive half a mile or so, the "water in the fuel/technical fault" light comes on. The accelerator is much more responsive than usual, and the car doesn't want to go over 2.5k revs.

I've booked in to a garage next Monday, but I was hoping for a bit of info/advice so I know what to expect! A couple of people have said to me it might well be the head gasket!!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
From my limited knowledge, the water pump is what cools the engine so maybe it's your water pump? The 2.5k revs sounds like limp mode, this comes on in conjunction with one of the lights (it's so the engine doesn't damage itself by revving too high). Have you washed the engine bay recently? Could be water gotten on a sensor or something. Mine was all good after a good drive in limp mode, once it'd all warmed up and evaporated.

1.2 16V
I've had it towed to my nearest garage, and apparently it's an electrical fault with the throttle actuator. Any idea how much that would cost to fix?