ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine problem (K4m engine)

A number of clios
head gasket went a few weeks ago had the head skimmed new gaskets etc put back together all done to proper spec no rush or corners cut started it up sounded like i had a coil pack down so i replaced all 4 with new plugs started it up still the same ive redone the timing on the car i though it could have been that still the same and now i fresh out of ideas anyone have any idea????

the car sounds like a scooby lol and lacks power,

oh i i used the proper timing tool for the car aswel.

:S
</IMG>

172 cup'd extreme
If it sounds like a scooby then it will be running on 3 or the timing will be out. check all plugs are firing also check the timing with a gun ... old skool

Volvo S60 T5
compression test it to rule out any compression problems.
check you have the cams set up correctly, its possible to set the cams wrong even with the tool.
cams are marked for inlet cam/exhaust cam, one has 2 rings wide apart, the other has 2 rings close together, or they have text markings.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Mike we had one of these the other week and our *coughs* RTE put the cams in back to front they have no marking on the one we done. one the cam either side the cam there is the half moons so to speak the big moon is at the top. Big tops little Bottoms

A number of clios
cheers for the help guys will check the cams evan though i put them in the right way round :S