ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine really tight sometimes from cold, only at 2k rpm

Clio
when its freezing outside i always pull away slow and let the car warm up slowly.

sometimes when its freezing, as i reach 2000rpm in 2nd and change to 3rd, reach 2000rpm again and it feels like the engine is really tight? the car kinda wants to go over 2000rpm but almost sticks and doesnt go over the 2k mark easy...

unless i press down on the accelerator harder, then at 2,200 rpm it kicks back to normal pulling away feeling (with no resistance)

only happens occasionally, not everytime its frosty out!

VaVa
Common trait of the Clio. It has something to o with the car running as lean as possible when cold to comply with emissions regs. Nothing to worry about, they all ( 172/182) do it.....

Clio
Thanks for the advice, just seems really weird like something is being stressed...and you dont wanna go over 2k in case something breaks haha!