ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine rocking

clio 1.4RT
Hi.

I ve just had my cabbelt redone as it broke last week...the garage did it all and everything was ok.

NOw when at idel the car rocks (the only way i can describe it). When you look at the engine whilst running it moves back and forth and i think this is very wrong as it never did it before well not to the exstent where i can feel it.

What could cause this other than the timing being out??????

As i work long days i dont rearly want to put the car bk in the garage as it screws up every thing in my life..

Can i fix it? bering in mind my my capabilitys dont go much further than road side repaires and maintanace?

Cheers

R35 GTR
engine mounts probably not adjusted as best you can. Undo the four bolts on the upper one and pull engine as far forward as possible then redo, this might solve your problem for a short while.

www.renparts.co.uk
good chance they broke the rubber on the top mount when removing the engine, have seen a few cases of it after engine removal/replacement.

clio 1.4RT
I can see one part of the top rubber mount that sticks up (oh yeh it an old 98 r reg 1.4 rt) and there is a gap either side of it within the metal part.

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
I had a massive engine rock recently and it turned out to only be one of the lower engine mount BOLTs which had sheared.