Captain Hat
CS Academician
2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
So, my 172 Cup. Started misfiring but only does it when the engine's up to temperature.
Replaced the lambda sensor as it'd needed it for a while. Replaced the spark plugs. Checked the injectors. Replaced the HT leads. Replaced the coil pack (twice). Put it into a garage to see if they could find out what was wrong. Apparently moving the wiring loom about changed nothing (i.e. it's unlikely to be a dodgy wire specifically) but moving the ECU about made it run fine all of a sudden. Garage guy reckons there could be a dodgy connection on the ECU itself as everything else seems fine, I figure there might be a problem with the plug-in connector at the ECU end.
The hell do I do next? If I replace the ECU do I need a new set of keys and UCH/immobiliser unit as well? Is there a way to try to fix the connector?
I just want my damn car back. I've been driving my Dad's mid-90s 1.8 Escort convertible and it's slowly killing my soul. Any help appreciated.
Replaced the lambda sensor as it'd needed it for a while. Replaced the spark plugs. Checked the injectors. Replaced the HT leads. Replaced the coil pack (twice). Put it into a garage to see if they could find out what was wrong. Apparently moving the wiring loom about changed nothing (i.e. it's unlikely to be a dodgy wire specifically) but moving the ECU about made it run fine all of a sudden. Garage guy reckons there could be a dodgy connection on the ECU itself as everything else seems fine, I figure there might be a problem with the plug-in connector at the ECU end.
The hell do I do next? If I replace the ECU do I need a new set of keys and UCH/immobiliser unit as well? Is there a way to try to fix the connector?
I just want my damn car back. I've been driving my Dad's mid-90s 1.8 Escort convertible and it's slowly killing my soul. Any help appreciated.