ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine stutter/missfire

Rb 182
I dont really drive the 172 much but driving it last night it seems to have a very intermittent stutter/missfire??

Its there ever so often when your holding it at constant revs.

Its on 73k at the mo, and me and John arnt sure if its had its plugs done yet (72k is when the should be done i belive).

Anything else, poss coil pack? If so how much are they to change?

Cheers for any info :rolleyes:

Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
Hi,
I recently had a similar problem to this i think.
the car just sat shaking as i turned on the engine.
had to get the AA out and they said it was a 'random multicylinder missfire'. so they took me to a garage and they replaced the coil pack sand it seems to be fine now. they initially thought it was the sparks but turned out they were fine. cost me
£80 for a new coil pack. they fitted it for me though so it was slightly more in total. hope this helps

Rb 182
Hi,
I recently had a similar problem to this i think.
the car just sat shaking as i turned on the engine.
had to get the AA out and they said it was a 'random multicylinder missfire'. so they took me to a garage and they replaced the coil pack sand it seems to be fine now. they initially thought it was the sparks but turned out they were fine. cost me
£80 for a new coil pack. they fitted it for me though so it was slightly more in total. hope this helps

Cheers mate, its sort of stopped now, but ill keep this in mind if it comes back.

:)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Defo the spark plugs, 72k is way too long an interval. Exactly same thing happened to me and after I changed them it was fine.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I had similar symptoms. After changing leads, plugs, coil pack, and various sensors, turned out to be the lambda! Get an rstuner, mine had a stored fault that a normal code reader didn't pick up.