ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine swap for mk3

renault clio mk3
looking to swap the engine in my 1.2 mk3 facelift, want something with a bit more power. what engine would you recommend?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
People will tell you not to bother and sell it which is 100% the correct and sensible option. It is however also the boring option. Meg turbo lump will go in just nicely. You could also consider a 197 engine but given the effort you really would be better just buying the car. There’s plenty available though and it’s an engine meant for the car so wouldn’t present the challenges many other conversions do

monaco 172
Yeh I wouldn't bother, a 197 can be had for peanuts now.

By the time you've got the engine and put it in I bet your not far off the cost of a 197, and then You've got a Clio 3 with a good engine but a non rs chassis, brakes, suspension, and paying the cost of modified car insurance. Seems pointless.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi.
If you needed any help with insurance for this type of conversion then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.