ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Temp Problem! HELP!!

RenaultSport Clio 182
Hello people!!

PLEASE HELP ME! :mad: :mad:

I have a 2004 Clio 182 and i have a problem with the temp gauge on instrument panel dancing around like a maniac!! its driving me insane now!

It also is starting to cause engine to run different and also idle faster when car on stand(Not moving) also feels like i'm losing performance when driving also.

Please can someone help me on how to resolve this problem and if anyone has any pics or ideas where the location of the relevant sensor is to cure this??

Thanks,
Chris.
:)

BMW M135i
Get the coolant temp sensor changed. Cheap part about £20/30 from renault, its located on the righthand side of the engine screwed into the thermostat housing.

clio 182
DSC00033-2-1.jpg

DSC00031-1-1.jpg

all u need to do is pull this plug thing out and spray some wd40 on it and it should sort it

BMW M135i
From that picture you've posted theres been some water round there i'm guessing? Thats why wd40 would've worked for you as its a water displacer, if he's is dry it'll most likely just be the sensor its a commonish thing.

clio 182
the wter was spilt after i fixed the plug thing i would try the wd40 first b4 spending loads on new part

Last edited:
Try cleaning the contacts first with some emery if its dancing round like a loony it will more likely be a bad connection rather than a faulty sensor it it was stuck at cold i would say faulty sensor

Megane 225+
I had similar symptoms after an oil change - I just wiggled & checked every connector I could see - one near the oil filter seemed a little loose - could of been knocked - problem went away

worth trying

RenaultSport Clio 182
I have looked at this sensor and seems ok, but i gave the connector a wiggle around and then have drove around for a while yesterday and today and seems to be playing ball now!

But i await this to see what happens.

Hopefully it will be ok :)

Regards,
Chris.