ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Temp Sensor

Nippy white cup

Got my new engine and all the old probs are rearing their heads now! I can set off from work and the car feels like a rocket at 1st but when the engine gets upto temp it feels a little sluggish. I had this on the original engine but cant remember exactly what it was. Also it wouldnt start the other day, turned over fine but just wouldnt fire up. Eventually it did but I think this was the TDC sensor.

Cheers in advance

Chris

I was having startup problems as you describe. I took the TDC sensor out and gave it a good clean and its been fine since.

The coolant sensor could be causing the car to feel sluggish as if its sending the wrong temp then the fueling will be out.

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine failed within a month. It caused the water temp gauge to read cold causing the engine to idle fast and overfuel loads making it run badly.

Nippy white cup

My gauge seems ok but the other day it was idleing at around 2k. It is awesomly quick at 1st...as good as my old one I reckon, just need to get it running like that all the time and Im laughing

Chris

Lee

BMW M2C

Get a resistor off ebay. ;)

Mines flying at the moment. Best engine Ive had in a Clio so far.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

as i told you ya big hardcore gay, i think it will be the TDC sensor are the eng temp sensor.......possibly a faulty ECU ?? - how long do you get with an R-sport warranty ??