ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine temp

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Hi all,

just bought a 182 on 64k and so far so good. Just been out for a quick drive and waited for the car to get hot before seeing if everything was ok. The temp guage sits below halfway but when I went for hard acceleration it nudged to the half way mark and then when I slowed down it went back to just below the half way point.

i am sure this is normal but wouldn't be interested in other members experiences?

thanks
pete

Yeah like others have said you need a new thermostat. The needle should rise to the centre of the gauge and not move at all.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Thanks all, much appreciated

This place is a bit strange lately. It's like everyone is on the rag jumping down one another's throats or trying to proove someone else is wrong.

Normally it's very friendly

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
that sounds normal mate it should go up to half way then the thermostat should open lowering the temp a bit.

WRONG ;) ^^ go's to mid point and stays there need a new stat and temp sensor it should never move once up to temp

FF Clio 182
Mine does that, I have just left it as it's close enough. If it was proper low then I would be concerned. If you did want to change the thermostat, I would flush the coolant out first, just makes the system that little more efficient.

MicKPM I am glad you have noticed this also, I though it was me just seeing things.