ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ENGINE TRASPLANT>>>>>&amp

I WANT TO ADD A BIGGER ENGINE TO MY CLIO I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE 1.6 MEGANE ENGINE BUT HOW MUCH WORK IS INVOLVED IN CHANGING IT OVER (I HAVE THE M8S TO HELP AND I CANT AFFORD THE HILLPOWER VERSION YET),

SO ANY IDEAS

CHEERS JAMIE.

its been said a thousand time over but nobody ever listens when anybody tells them... you will find it cheaper (honest, im not lying!) to sell you existing car and buy one with a quicker engine in it.

unless of course you want somehting very different (ie forced induction)

i allways wanted to do a RSTurbo conversion to my old XR3i and was about to part with cash for a written off one, until one of my mates sat me down and did the maths... if id have sold the XR3i and bought a real RST i would save just over a grand rather than doing the transplant.

remeber, its hard to find insurers who like engine conversions, and when you do they will take more money off of you than i pay tax in a year

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, here goes

i would also buy a Clio 16v / Williams / 172 etc.........if

1. i could afford one in the first place
2. i could afford the insurance
3. i didnt lose all the mods id already done

i see exactly where your coming from mate, an if you want an insurance company that wont mind then speak to Liverpool Victoria, no1 else comes close

im not too clued up on what actually needs doin to get the 1.6 megane into the Clio, but, Nick uses a Lumenition ECU which he will map himself, so you may want to look into that before you start, and thats £400 on its own

i know you might not be able to afford it mate, but why not save up £500-£1000 and then get a £2k loan, you should easily be able to afford the repayments that way, and its exactly what im doing

Clio 1.8 16v

why dont you just put the engine out of an rsi?i think they are 1.8 8v but i also think they do a 16v version and i am sure it would go straight in just need the ecu as well out of it and the engine loom