ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine tuning help

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
hiya guys and gals, bear with me here, i have a 1.2 16 valve clio and yes i know there are alot better ways to get power than this engine, but i want to see how far i can take this engine without going itbs or boost.... (yes i see it is pointless and im not that bothered about overall power output i just want to see how far i could take on of these engines)

so heres the plans and if you could help me out it would be great....

strip port and polish head
skim head to raise compression ratio ( how far is a safe skim ? )
uprated head gasket to handle extra pressure
4-2-1 exhaust manifold, heat wrapped
s/s decat and 2 inch bore stainless exhaust system
uprated fuel pump
uprated injectors
new inlet manifold design bringing the inlet to the front of the engine elimianting the silly length runners and the plastic inlet (home made or designed and made pro?) but i still want to retain the fly by wire throttle if poss?
lightened and balanced flywheel (how much weight is safe to remove but still keep the car drivable)
relocated induction from inlet to behaind headlight (best filter to use e.g. mesh, faom etc)
either a remap of the standard ecu or poss standalone to controll fueling and ignition?)

any further help would be great, as said please keep negative "theres no point just get a 1*2" comments to urselves as its only an idea...id just like to be different and see if its poss to push one of these engines to 100bhp +

thanks

Evo
I admire the determination, i was the same when i had my 1.4 clio, only managed about 105bhp for 2k out of that though :(

Biggest problem is going to be finding parts for that engine, i.e. uprated head gasket.
Seeing as theres little demand for tht sort of kit for the 1.2s.

Apparently the 1.2 doesnt run well with a decat, better off with a sports cat IIRC.

Good luck mate, hope you got deep pockets.

haha deep pockets aint too much of an issue would be a bit of a side project for fun as i go along if u get me, gaskets etc aint to much of a problem neither is porting as a friends father is a cyinder head tuner , yer ive heared that about the decat aswell, something to do with a lumpy startup and crap at low revs?? what kinda mods u have fitted to ur 1.4 ? was it the 16v model ?

M

mini-valver

Buy my 1600, 140 bhp. Proper engine build by Angelworks. Cams, headwork, custom plenum etc.

Evo
It was the 16v model, didnt go mad on it like you intend.

Manifold, induction, heat wrapping, remap etc.

If you could source cams to fit the 1.2 thats your best bet for most effective power gains.

hahah cheers guys, id love to buy ur engine but im skint atm lol how cum u getting rid anyway ? as i said due to me being skint for a few months this would be a do it as i go along build.. the car has a pretty healthy engine to start with making 86 bhp on the last rr sesion with just a modified k-tec indution kit and relocated filter with cold air feed and a 2 inch bore s/s exhaust system

i rr it twice once standard and it made 75 bhp then again at the same rollers with the mods and it made 86