ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Turning Over, But Not Firing Up

182 clio
evening guys, got a strange one here my car is used on weekends only as its not a daily. Today fired it up for the first time in about 3 weeks and it started no problem. Went for a little drive maybe 4 miles and parked it up while i went for a walk with the mrs but after we came back an hour later it wouldn't start...it turns over fine but just won't fire up. I noticed the anti skid light and serv light was on the dash on the way there which was unusual. I guess this is something to do with the problem but no idea where to start. I first thought it may be the throttle body as i couldn't hear it open and shut when turning the car over, I pulled the KTR pipe off to see if the valve would move when pressing the accelorator and it doesn't open, would this open when the ignition is on or does the engine need to be running for the value to open and close in the throttle body.

thanks for any feedback, I have had to leave the car in the middle of no where so need to look at getting it running soon.

dan's cast offs.
it wasn't your coilpack. it's a power issue, either dodgy connection or loom issue.

go over the connectors and relays in the box under the bonnet and take it from there.

182 clio
Had a play with the relays and 30amp fuse under the bonnet and after cleaning the contacts it still didn't start, also looked at the wiring to the coil pack and again looked good but it didn't start, strange how when the new pack was put on it fired up first time..will keep my eyes on it but it must of been that pack.

PH2 172
it wasn't your coilpack. it's a power issue, either dodgy connection or loom issue.

go over the connectors and relays in the box under the bonnet and take it from there.

I need help.
U1001 & P1124 on a 2003 1.2 micra K12.
TPS, wiring or relay?

dan's cast offs.
Had a play with the relays and 30amp fuse under the bonnet and after cleaning the contacts it still didn't start, also looked at the wiring to the coil pack and again looked good but it didn't start, strange how when the new pack was put on it fired up first time..will keep my eyes on it but it must of been that pack.

chances are it was just with the wiring being moved around a bit. but body should respond with ignition on. if it does it again have a fiddle with the main loom just under the throttle body.

PH2 172
sod all to do with them, what's it doing or not?[/QU
sod all to do with them, what's it doing or not?

Erratic limp mode, no cam chain rattles, otherwise sweet as a nut.
Suspect Nissan are using the same recycled pots & pans as Renault for their looms.
Some plank has already banged a BB reman throttle body on it, with no result.

dan's cast offs.
bba reman... :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

i'd go for wiring, think there is a relay somewhere in the throttle circuit or to do with powering it? don't know where i've got that from though??