ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine warning light is on

Noticed it as I was driving this morning. Manual tells me its the coolant overheating so I should just stop and let it cool.

b****cks is it overheating though, its 3 degrees outside, and I was granny-shifting below 2.5k coz the engine was still cold. Could it be a dodgy temperature sensor?

Anyway, got back home just now and gonna go to renault in a min and see what they say. This might be a good time to get the rattles and some other minor things sorted i figure..

Tell me what you think...

Kot

Nissan R35 GT-R

Could be that the water pump has stopped working, therefore the cooland will not be circulating.

This means that the water outside the engine will get very cold due to the outside temp, but the coolant in the block will get hotter and hotter...

Could be any number of things.

Hope you get it sorted.

320d M Sport

sure its not the emmissions light?

theyve been comin on for years, sounds like they still not fixed it!!

ok an update:

Just went to renault, booked it in for monday at the desk with a less than helpful woman trying to patronise me about checking my oil level.

So I go out into the carpark and theres a Renault technician working on a clio next to mine. So i ask him about it and he tells me its the O.B.D (onboard diagnostics) telling me that somethings wrong, and it could be anything (e.g. a misfire) and theyd have to run it through the diagnostics to find out what it is.

Looking forward to having my car dented and change stolen and cds browsed on monday tho!

Oh yeah and all the courtesy cars are booked a month in advance so it looks like ill be taking the bus on monday!

Kot

320d M Sport

its emissions!

could be a number of things causing it, but deffo emissions.

i see reno customer service hasnt changed, mine got dented everytime it went in, and why is it nearly always the cars are booked for 1 month in advance?

could be a blag i reckon, so u dont take their courtesy cars......

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 14 January 2005

its emissions!

could be a number of things causing it, but deffo emissions.

i see reno customer service hasnt changed, mine got dented everytime it went in, and why is it nearly always the cars are booked for 1 month in advance?

could be a blag i reckon, so u dont take their courtesy cars......

Emissions eh? Well ill let them work for their money and tell them about the rattles and the weird howling noise i get above 80 (or 70 if its windy) as well when I take it in on monday.

They seriously better not screw with my car. I swear ill cause a sh*tstorm if anything is different (in a bad way) when i pick it up...

Update: Got the car back today. Problem was something to do with the oxygen sensor so well done to whoever said emissions.

They didnt have enough time to look at the rattles so ive rebooked that for another time, but they did clean it inside and out as asked.

Overall happy with the service, the guy came out into the carpark and made sure I was happy with everything before I left.

Kot

so if the emissions light stays on shud i get it checked out or shall ileave it?its been a few days.just cnt be arsed gettin to renault jus to sort some faulty light.