ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Warning Light

This warning light has just come on:

561a7b77-f9d3-3b90.jpg

What things can I do/check before I take it to a garage?

(edit: if this is the wrong section can a mod please move it)

Thanks,
Dan.

Clio Sport 172
Yep, try tesco's I believe that's 99 Ron..... Or "shell" super unleaded not sure what Ron that is though.

Clio 182 cup'd
Emmisons light? It might clear itself in a couple of days, or you could try to clear it by resetting the ecu.

Emmisons light? It might clear itself in a couple of days, or you could try to clear it by resetting the ecu.

By just disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours you mean?

If its just on solid I wouldnt be bothered about it. I assume the car drives no different to normal?

Yeah car drives fine, no block on the RPM or anything and the MPG hasn't been affected..

Had it on my old car after running decat (emissions light). IIRC that is..

So it's the emissions light, not the engine management light?

Never used a RS tuner,but anything that gives you the error code,then just look the code up on line.
No point in just guessing.

Will try and find something online, thank you!

Yozza'd BG
mine is illuminated as well and has been for a while so im getting worried (poisining the cat potentially n all that). Mine doesn't always run smoothly tho when booting it where it will occasionally misfire slightly!

Any ideas pleeeease?:)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
nothing to do with oil level, fuel grade and taking battery termnal of is not going to fix your car if there is a faulty component, get the fault codes read then you will know.

Clio 182 FF
That is a faulty lamda sensor, happend to me on my 182, took it back to where i bought it and they sorted it out for me

Clio Sport 172
lol, that light WILL not come on due to putting 95 in it.

Mines always run on 99 super, put regular 95 stuff in it and light came on after about 10miles, next time i filled up with 99 again and light soon went out!! Just Coinsidence then?? I'm not saying that's whats caused it, but the question is "what can I check before I take it to the garage?" I'm just putting an idea up there!!!