ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engines foooked :(

Mini Cooper S JCW

to cut a long story short - woz racing a pulsar up a duel carridge way n i hit the limiter in 4th - lost all power n woz chuggling along - i though oh great here we go again...

this happened months ago when i hit it in 3rd - and it woz some sort of saftey cut off n the engine went totally dead...

but it woz chuggling along n i managed to get home - discounted the battery 2 reset the ECU. hour later reconnected it n checked all ht leads....

no.4 which had sum sorta problem on it - the ht lead wouldnt click down..

neway started it up - stuck my head by no.4 spark plug and i could hear a knockin/clickin sounds, whicjh i hav been told is most likely 2b - iv dropped a valve or bent it

ne1 had this problem b4??????? help..........:cry:

Marc

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

The spark plug might have poped out, have you checked to see if its tight? also do a compression test as well to make sure.

Mini Cooper S JCW

well it woz gone 10 when i woz taking the batt off so it woz too dark to start messing about - i will try taking everything outa the thing i.e ht leads n spark plugs 2mos after work!

i swear iv had so much bad luck with this car :cry:

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Check the yellow clips that go on to the injectors - one of mine popped off and it was running on 3 cylinders - wasnt fast and sounded waft.

Distinct popping sound just like you describe.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

remove the spark plug and check it. also do a cylinder compression check whilst the plugs removed.