ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engines

E36 M3. 182
dnt think the volvos that simple a swap, think eviljohn was doin one not long ago. id have thought a 5 turbo lump would be easiest, smaller engine, less electrics.but im no guru!!!!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
yep so do i. the reason being is that renault actually designed and built it for volvo so therefore even the driveshafts are an exact match

mk1 clio energy 1.4rt
how long do u reckon it will take and do i have to remap the ecu and how much is it
sorry for all the questions

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its true the volvo one does drop straight in as its basically a reno lump. The wiring however is a f**king nightmare unless you are super clued up on it! Also if you want a fmic you need to cut the bumper a bit and if you dont you'll need a shitty vent in the bonnet for a top mount!

However with some work just under 200brake is reasonable and it should be quite a strong block, about 130bhp as standard.

And btw its Djw Dave thats doing it to his car but theres a good few of us helping out!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How long it takes is not an easy question, depends on knowledge, parts availbilty and time!

With the volvo lump in you need to run 3 ecu's, the original clio one, the volvo fuelling one and the volvo boost one, guy over on the 480 website does the remapping for more power but you dont need to do it to get it to run.

How much? Anything from a few hundred upwards for a half arsed job to the skys the limit!

clio rsi turbo, phase 2
you dont run 3 ecu's mate. if you are, your doing it wrong. you run the 2 volvo ecu's. you need a custom downpipe made up, i just sold mine to dave. custom drivers side mount to take the extra power. clio gearbox for the speedo to work. 16valve fuel pump to cope with the extra fuel delivery thats needed on boost. thats not to mention the custom loom to need to make. so all in all, no its not easy.
i'd say dont even attempt it unless you know what your doing.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
clio_rsi said:
you dont run 3 ecu's mate. if you are, your doing it wrong. you run the 2 volvo ecu's. you need a custom downpipe made up, i just sold mine to dave. custom drivers side mount to take the extra power. clio gearbox for the speedo to work. 16valve fuel pump to cope with the extra fuel delivery thats needed on boost. thats not to mention the custom loom to need to make. so all in all, no its not easy.
i'd say dont even attempt it unless you know what your doing.

Must have misheard then! No worries.

And yeah I think its well outta your league mate :(