ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Enthusiasts Car Cleaning Products

Hi,

There seems to be a lot of discussion on here recently about keep your car nice and clean.

Most people are happy to pop in to Halfords, pay their over-inflated prices for mediocre mainstream products. If youre happy with that, fine.

Why not try out true entusiast products, like Moose, P21s/S100 (same products, different packaging and price), ClearKote et al.

These are often about the same price as your turtle wax stuff, but far far superior.

A friend of mine is starting a new company up on the internet soon, called "Serious Performance", and he will be importing all the good stuff from the US, so it will be available to us UK folks.

He will also be stocking Microfibre cloths, wash mitts, just about everything really.

If you e-mail him (Alex) and tell him Matthew (Me) pointed you in his direction, he will e-mail you a price list. His e-mail is serious_performance@hotmail.com.

Once he is up and running full strength in a couple of months, I MAY be able to get a Club Discount.

Hope this helps a few people out,

Face

Keep us posted on that one Face.

Already in touch with Alex about the products he is stocking! Fantastic news that it is going to become easier for us to get this stuff in the UK.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Face,

Just to let you know, I finally got round to finished my car today with the meguirs stuff.

Looks really wet and shiney now.. feels like glass to touch it so smooth.

The carnuba wax goes on really easy and is even easier to take off.. chuffed cause my car looks really shiney now, oh and the tyre stuff is great too.. lasts for ages and smells of watermelons..

That looks great Dagowly. How did you actually go about cleaning the engine bay up to make it look like that?

_KDF, do you have any pictures of your car after the Meguiars treatment? Would be good to see how it looks!

i megiuars mine last weekend the three step proces and waxed it 3 times!!!!! it looks so good, way way way better than autoglym. people coming to the swindon meet will see how good it is, i havent used it all week so it looks the DOGS DANGLEYS!!!!

ill get some pics up as well....... (when i find that bloody digi cam)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Clare on 10 May 2003

_KDF, do you have any pictures of your car after the Meguiars treatment? Would be good to see how it looks!
I do.. I took some after.. wasnt very sunny but I will post them up tommorow..

I was impressed with it.. the car has a wet look to it now, put it this way my silver 172 now looks very shiney..if you were to do it to a black car it would be like a mirror.

Wow - I think I might just be getting some Meguiars stuff then! My car is silver too, but I think the Iceberg Silver seems to shine up better

well, dont forget you can buy whatever meguairs stuff you want, including their pro-line stuff, from alex / serious performance and not have to pay any p+p.

Their pro-line equivalents of the 3-step system is #82 Swirl Free Polish / #7 Show Car Glaze / #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax.

Face

Alfa Mito 155TB

Yesterday I polished my iceberg silver 172 with meguires. The result was amazing to say the least.

I used the three step red bottle stuff. The step 1 polish i did 3 times and polished off with buffing machine with 100% terry towl clothes....it looked better than ever at this point, considering 3 weekends before i had used autogylm super resin and gloss protector which is now second best in my eyes.

Step 2 i did twice which is the wet look glaze and that went on great...polished off twice with Morrison vileda 99p microfibre clothes which did the job really well.

Step 3 the canuba wax i only did once because i was loosing the will to live after 4 hours of washing and polishing the car.

The results are amazing and well worth the effort..i will try and take a photo and post on here....i would recommmend meguires:cool:

"losing the will to live" - lol!

You dont want to know how long I spend on my car when it gets a good clean, then...

You want to get outside today and mist water over the car and then buff it off... this will help set and even out the carnauba.

Cant beat a clean looking car, tho can you?

Face

On the strenths of all this recent talk, Ive just ordered the three-step Meiguars red bottles from http://www.speeding.co.ukwww.speeding.co.uk. Dont have a Harley dealer near me, but I hope this stuff is good. Will also pay a visit to get some terry cloths soon too.

My car is black, so I will hopefully be able to post some amazing pictures soon!

Cheers - Im pretty keen on keeping my car clean anyway!

Ive got to give my dads Volvo 960 (probably on of the biggest cars in the UK!) a clean as Im going to sell it for him, but it needs some serious cleaning before I can sell it!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye you wont be disapointed but you will have a sore right arm, it total to do step 1 - 3 (step 1-2 it was just myself doing it) took about 9 hours.. including washing the car 3 times.. (dont ask) and cleaning the alloys and tyres etc.

just gonna try and get those pics across now from my camera..

Alfa Mito 155TB

BenH after cleaning the car yesterday, i set the wax today....at a BMW dealership I had a japanese couple take a photo of my shiney silver car...I have had a business card left under my windscreen wiper at Tescos asking to phone with polish type if i could and lots of stares of people in other cars.

Meguires three stage stuff is fantastic

Alfa Mito 155TB

KDF

The depth of shine on your paint job looks identical to mine....the bright sunshine today made my car look dazzling.

I was really impressed with the paintwork after stage 1 :D

Been using stuff from Halfords but when i picked up the new car from dealers it looked like nothing Ive seen before. Anyways got a Harleys dealer near me what do I need to ask for again.

from the harley dealer...

s100 SEC (a fantastic polish, about £10) and s100 paste wax (pure carnauba wax, about £15).

s100 is FANTASTIC stuff, AND it doesnt stain your plastic trim white!!!

Face

Megane 225 baby! :)

_KDF how good does your car look!!!!! :cool:

As soon as my cleaning stuff has run out, shall definitely be getting some of that! :D

Alfa Mito 155TB

girlracer

I will re-clean the car next weekend and bring the digi camera home from work...it is now alittle dusty and the front bumber and bonnet has taken the lives of millions of flies today!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by tumbleweed on 11 May 2003

KDF

The depth of shine on your paint job looks identical to mine....the bright sunshine today made my car look dazzling.

I was really impressed with the paintwork after stage 1 :D

Ye when I took those pics it wasnt really that sunny.. the pics really dont do it justice though, as when you move around the car the relfection change and gives you a real depth look to the shine. :D

Stage 1 was a nightmare for me though.. hard to put on, harder to take off. I probably left it on too long though cause it says do one panel at a time.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Sawa172 on 11 May 2003

_KDF how good does your car look!!!!! :cool:

As soon as my cleaning stuff has run out, shall definitely be getting some of that! :D
Thx,

I didnt really think a silver car could look really shiny.. I can only imagine what a black car would look like with all three stages applied.

As an avid Autoglym user I can deffinatly say Meguirs is much better, Infact I gave my autoglym stuff to my mum told her I didnt need it anymore.