ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epas converson

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Ive got the epas rack fitted to my clio. Should there be a plug connection to the steering rack itself down by the subframe ?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Rack plug doesnt need to be connected up. Not actually sure what that is for, at a guess related to steering angle on the non sports

172 Ph1
The sensor located on the rack is a torque sensor. Not needed as the epas conversion utilises the rotation resistance knob to achieve the same operation.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The sensor located on the rack is a torque sensor. Not needed as the epas conversion utilises the rotation resistance knob to achieve the same operation.
Ive wired my epas ecu up as per oem so it sees rpm and vehicle speed. Works great without the rack sensor and adjusts steering feel with speed. Ive not even looked at the sensor on rack, as i i dont have it. Cant do too much, ive had the epas ecu up on diagnostics and it still registers the torque applied.

Bin the rotary control and get the epas ecu wired up to your standalone ecu for rpm mate. Works mega, assistance is so much better on low speed.

172 Ph1
I switched over to EHPAS now Jon , works really well I find .
But that’s a great shout on wiring it up to the ecu .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I switched over to EHPAS now Jon , works really well I find .
But that’s a great shout on wiring it up to the ecu .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ehpas is the best approach as hpas feels great, i believe the cup racers used the same. I might follow suit if i can find a suitable location to fit a pump.

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Ive wired my epas ecu up as per oem so it sees rpm and vehicle speed. Works great without the rack sensor and adjusts steering feel with speed. Ive not even looked at the sensor on rack, as i i dont have it. Cant do too much, ive had the epas ecu up on diagnostics and it still registers the torque applied.

Bin the rotary control and get the epas ecu wired up to your standalone ecu for rpm mate. Works mega, assistance is so much better on low speed.
Hi, interested in going down this route. Do you have any details of the wiring diagram for wiring in the epas ecu to a stand alone ecu?

Cheers,
Colin

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
All you need is vehicle speed from the stereo wiring of all places, and rpm from your standalone ecu.

Theres a load of info on this post. https://cliosport.net/threads/epas-fault-help.841005/
Thanks for your reply and assistance.

Currently car runs with electro/hydraulic system which works just fine, however, as the car is solely for sprints/hillclimbs thought while the car is stripped for rebuilding I would alter it to fully electric thus doing away with the potential for any future unwanted fluid leaks.

Cheers, Colin