ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epas installation alignment and track rod lengths 🤔

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Fitted my epas column today and struggling to get it aligned with the steering hubs.

Ive got the sterring wheel straight and ive attached the epas column to the epas rack but im struggling to get the wheels straight.

The track rod ends are wound as much as they can go so i feel like my track rods are to long 🤔 the track rods are from my 172 rack.

What lengths should the track rods be ?

I centralised the rack with a spanner prior to attaching the column so they were equal either side.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Also should there be a bolt where the column attaches to the rack ? Mine is currently just attached and if so what bolt and nut size should it be ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I will have to try disconnecting the column of the spline inside and see if i can make any adjustments. Just wasnt expecting to have to fully wind the trackrod ends as far as they go to get onto the hubs

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
They are definitely the longer ones as i have a shorter set in the garage which were bought in error years ago.

Is it the same bolt as on the original rack or diffrent ?
Same bolt on all MK2 clios mate

I did think that there were shorter and longer ones, now I'm doubting everything because James is a notorious clio pervert too😂😭

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172

I did think that there were shorter and longer ones, now I'm doubting everything because James is a notorious clio pervert too😂😭
I do have the original bolt so will put it once i get the rack straight ! I think my head had gone today 😂

Yeah i did think there was different lengths but i think it was down to euro car parts selling me the wrong ones years ago

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Are you using the inner tie rods that came with the rack? You may find that the issue is with the inner tie rods and not the track rods

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Are you using the inner tie rods that came with the rack? You may find that the issue is with the inner tie rods and not the track rods
No i removed them when i got the rack as i was told i needed 172 182 ones so installed the inner tie rods of my silver 172. Im hoping i just need to undo column and at the rack and re align

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

Yeah all Ph2 have same part number, so must be the same.

I do have the original bolt so will put it once i get the rack straight ! I think my head had gone today 😂

Yeah i did think there was different lengths but i think it was down to euro car parts selling me the wrong ones years ago

Euro probably sold you non sport ones years ago knowing them useless pricks 😂