ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EPAS?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
It was all fine before I did the short rack mate, I’ll take a look at all suggestions though [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my thought process from that was a duff ABS sensor starting to give a slightly lower reading, not causing any issues as its within tolerances, but now its showing up due to the car having more lock than expected on the steering angle sensor throwing it just out of spec.

Purely a theory as I'm not sure how the system works

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
I originally fit a hpas quick rack some time ago but had removed the angle sensor and abs so never came across this hurdle. I have a manual quick rack also but after trying to put abs back in (didnt realise you needed the original abs ecu, long gone now) I gave up and still just run a cup style setup.

182 trackcar, XC60t6
is it not a handful when it gets out of shape? maybe I need my Weetabix but I think id struggle to catch it if it got out of shape without PAS
Ok so most of my driving is sprinting - 15min track sessions at most and I haven’t had any dramas. I guess you could try it by blanking the rack off. I think you can buy a kit because the lines have really unusual thread forms.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, from the day I’ve fitted my EPAS it’s not been great, fine when driving nice and light feels fine.. but as soon as I chuck my car into a tight junction or manoeuvre stationary I get zero assistance.. have seen a few cases with EPAS on here the same and some with the same setup, quick rack etc with great assistance!

Possibly my steering ECU?

Everything is spot on with setup, pre load etc.. any ideas? I message BTT motorsport as it’s the kit they supplied. Annoying

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, from the day I’ve fitted my EPAS it’s not been great, fine when driving nice and light feels fine.. but as soon as I chuck my car into a tight junction or manoeuvre stationary I get zero assistance.. have seen a few cases with EPAS on here the same and some with the same setup, quick rack etc with great assistance!

Possibly my steering ECU?

Everything is spot on with setup, pre load etc.. any ideas? I message BTT motorsport as it’s the kit they supplied. Annoying

Does it do this in any setting? When i first went to EPAS i was trying a really firm setting, almost fully clockwise, so i maintained the feeling into fast corners on circuit. Every now and then it would switch to zero resistance. Proper squeeky bum time when it did it, especially flying down Mansfield into the Mountain.

I think the vibration from the car under load was moving the potentiometer just enough to literally switch it off. I've since moved the pot more central so it's nice and light and just trust in the car. Got used to it now and it's been fine ever since.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Unless half or more it’s doesn’t really work, I have to run it on full all the time that’s why I asked BTT if they’ve had any issues with their controllers.

I feels fine most of the time but parallel parking is a t**t!

Absolutely spot on in my workshop on resin floor and on any loose ground.. but tarmac is horrendous! So it’s like it’s not giving me enough assistance from the torque sensor or something, that’s why I’m suspicious of the computer

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone tell me the voltage they are getting from the EPAS computer on the 2 big wires at full assistance? I’m getting a max of 5v coming out of mine.. doesn’t seem right to me.

01RS,03 EP3,99 Evo 6
Can anyone tell me the voltage they are getting from the EPAS computer on the 2 big wires at full assistance? I’m getting a max of 5v coming out of mine.. doesn’t seem right to me.

Did you ever solve this issue? :)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member

MattJackson82

ClioSport Club Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
I’m having a similar issue, went to Cadwell last Wednesday, it would do 5 or 6 laps perfect then start cutting out, I’ve put multimeter in the back of the output plug that feeds the motor tonight & with full assistance on the potentiometer the max volts I can get is about 8.5v.