ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eprom chip Clio Cup championship

Zafira and GSXR
  Skoda Fabia vRS

nah, someone had bought one, cant remember who though, and was gonna post up the results of it....

Matt Willis bought it I cannot see him testing it as hes gone and bought himself a car with a dud engine instead.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 11 June 2005

Matt Willis bought it I cannot see him testing it as hes gone and bought himself a car with a dud engine instead.

Really - Ive bought a car especially to test this chip and Itll be tested next week at my rolling road day.

Results will be posted.

Zafira and GSXR

I will keep my eye open for them :)

One person recons he got 20bhp from it, time will tell.

Even if it just ups the limiter it will help, when I had mine on the rollers it was still pulling when it hit the standard limiter lol.

Do a search, theyre not rubbish or a con but theres p[oint to be aware of.

20bhp definately not - more like 5-7bhp in reality.

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 11 June 2005

Really - Ive bought a car especially to test this chip and Itll be tested next week at my rolling road day.

Results will be posted.

Matt when you hoping to test this chip :)

Quote: Originally posted by Neilvx on 15 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 11 June 2005

Results will be posted.

Matt when you hoping to test this chip :)

This Saturday all being well.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

What car is the map for?

Every car is unique and theyve coppied a map for another car, results will prob be different depending on your current state of tune.

Willy, Willy 2, V6

these are for the 1.8 engines, they will run lean on 2litre willy lumps.

this was discussed over on williamsclio.co.uk recently, do a search there.

neil, get one and ill give u a race again? no dodgy undertaking this time tho? :)

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by Summeh on 01 July 2005

neil, get one and ill give u a race again? no dodgy undertaking this time tho? :)

At 8000rpm no one will here you scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as I pull away lol.

joke ;)

A higher rev limiter would be good for me as on the rollers the graph was still going up as it hit the limiter so an extra 500rpm or so would benefit it :)

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Summeh on 01 July 2005

these are for the 1.8 engines, they will run lean on 2litre willy lumps.
they do chips for both, its not the same one

i was a bit dubious about the chip so i bought one anyway an fitted a couple of days ago. it worked a treat!!! my car feels much much better. it pulls like hell all the way to the limiter, which hasnt changed? its still at 7k but its made one hell of a difference. id recomend one!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

If it works, for the money which i think is currently 45 quid, you cant go wrong. My NN chip improved drivability and got rid of annoying limiter but at 250 quid. Think they are more now. This or the r tuner going for 100 quid would be my choice for cost effective chipping but r tuner only as good as person tweaking it. Think r tuner is quite highly rated overseas.

Obly trouble I can see would be the fitting which i think will require soldering skill to remove old and fit new.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by Bayley on 15 July 2005

i was a bit dubious about the chip so i bought one anyway an fitted a couple of days ago. it worked a treat!!! my car feels much much better. it pulls like hell all the way to the limiter, which hasnt changed? its still at 7k but its made one hell of a difference. id recomend one!

placebo (sp) effect? whos to say its not in your head, and that your not paying for a standard reno copy hence the limiter bein the same...... look at all these people who so to the doctors etc he gives them a pill, they feel better, only thing is this pill does nothing!!!