ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Equiso Smart TV Dongle

Anyone else heard of this?

It's a USB dongle that plug's into your telly and turn's it into a interactive 'Smart TV' powered by Android and give's you access to the internet, app's and video content.
It also come's with a point and click wireless remote. They've just made their KickStarter goal of $100,000 for the $69 device, which is due August 2012.

Hand's on demo:

And their KickStarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2028163448/equiso-smart-tv-turn-any-tv-into-a-smart-tv?ref=live

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm quite tempted by it myself.

Some good projects on kickstarter, waiting for my pebble watch to be delivered in September :)

Great idea that. I'd be all over it if I didn't have a s**t old tv without USB ports.

What would be even better, and impossible, would be to get iOS running the same way. Like how the Apple TV should be.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Hmm might have to see if my Samsung has a USB connection, cheaper than a new TV!

SQ5
It has a USB socket on so you can plug in a keyboard or mouse and also a mini USB if it needs a power supply if your HDMI socket doesn't support MHL to power the dongle.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I've just stuck my name down for the $99 package:D.

I looked at the Pebble Watches a bit ago and after looking into them found there were nicer alternatives so didn't bother.

I think the price for a start!

Checked my statement's and i paid £75.12 for the Pebble watch, not £249 like in the link you mentioned.

interesting , will keep an eye on this , one of the reasons i bought a dual core samsung with a decent processor ;~)