ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP and Serv coming on only on moterways or duel carageways after driving in a strain

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
My ESP and Serv lights only come on after driving in a strait line on duel carageways or moterways...

Its not my brake pedal switch thats been replaced and turned of the esp abs and serv light... But now the above has started...

Re: ESP and Serv coming on only on moterways or duel carageways after driving in a st

our ph1 does it, like flashes up now and again, all i know is that our brakes are RUINED so it's something to do with that, dont think we have an abs sensor on the early model so apart from saying its brakes I'm not much help.

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Re: ESP and Serv coming on only on moterways or duel carageways after driving in a st

It only comes on if im going in a strait line for a good few mins only on moterways and duelcarage ways that are strait and quite long distances... Otherwise it does not come on... If i turn off car turn on it goes and won't come on till the next time I go in a strait line on a moterway/dual caragway...

182Cup, MinesGTR R35

Would love to now what this is... Also I have no air bags now I have my 6 point harnnes etc i did put resistors in had it on a diagnostic and both dash air bag lights still have broken circit it says were can i get the air bag lights turned off for good... Renault say they wont turn them off for me...

Only resistors that seemed to work were the seat belt pre tensioners... As it was a cup it never had side airbags so thats not a problem... Its the dash air bags these resistors dident seem to work...

2003 Clio 172

Hmm, you know......I had this EXACT issue on our 320d (hard to compare, i know).....but wait till you get this....

The error that came up was similar but from a BMW perspective, once plugged into a proper BMW DIS diagnostic machine, highlighted that the car would need a new ABS/DSC pump. A rather unhealthy £1300 from BMW. And that is exactly what they wanted to do.

Unhappy with this, I remembered that the car did have a bang on a lower suspension arm while i was replacing the turbo (yes, the past few months have been expensive)

I noticed that on the motorway, the steering was out by about 2 degrees on the steering wheel.

Soooooo, I bought a cheap lower arm on eBay and replaced it, took it for a drive and while teh car obviously still needs a bit of alignment done, the steering was on the money in a straight line.

After about 10 miles.....ba-da-bing......the error lights all went.

:)

The upshot of it is that the steering angle sensor in the steering column was obviously thinking that car SHOULD be turning but the ABS sensors in the wheels all dictated the car was going straight and as such, it threw an error.

So, the DSC in teh CLio will work in a similar way I would imagine.

Did you have the alignment done lately, have teh steering wheel off or hit a big pothole that could have caused alignment issues?

J

Clio

Empty your inbox!

172/1.2/E30

Steering angle sensor i'd say.

Clio 182 Black Gold

ahhh my esp abs and serv light keep coming on intermitantly.. so its the brake pedal switch?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

Then it's probably your ABS rings.

"Navy" N17 TWO

Steering angle sensor maybe?

Clio 182 Black Gold

Then it's probably your ABS rings.

I took the front passenger side wheel off the other day and there was grease everwhere. Turned out the cv cover thingy (excuse my lack of car knowledge) had bust, just put a new clip on and cleared the grease and it seems fine. no warning light on since. think it might be fixed? The clip could have been hitting the abs ring.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

I took the front passenger side wheel off the other day and there was grease everwhere. Turned out the cv cover thingy (excuse my lack of car knowledge) had bust, just put a new clip on and cleared the grease and it seems fine. no warning light on since. think it might be fixed? The clip could have been hitting the abs ring.

Sounds like it. And it's a CV Boot.

Clio 182 Black Gold

thats the one! lol

Clio 200 Silverstone

Hi, Just wanted to jump in on this as having the same problem. My cruise control doesnt work though......are you able to help?

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8

I have the exact same issue, comes on after driving a while and come to think of it only on straight roads too. ESP and SERV light. Doesnt cause any issues so I've left it for now but it's annoying..

I dont have cruise control so I cant test that.