ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP problem

Clio 182FF
Hi guys. Having posted previously and never got to the bottom of it I thought I'd ask again.
my ESP (traction control) has stopped working a few months back with no warning.
i can use the esp switch to turn the dash warning light on and off still, but regardless of this it will not kick in at any time.
i do not have the ESP or ABS lights on but they have come on before and then reset when engine turned off.
have had it on very expensive code reader (£4000-£5000) at mates garage and says brake pedal switch. Been told this before and bought new one but still no joy. However, I notice some say this needs to be adjusted. Please can you tell me how? And if not properly adjusted would this affect the ESP? ABS works fine as I've tried stopping suddenly from speed and feel the brake judder under abs and car brakes in straight line too.
Went to Rentech who stated never heard of fault quite the same with lights coming on intermittently (ESP and abs) and stated could be wiring loom problem not sending message to unit to kick ESP in!!
Any help guys would be hugely appreciated as really want to get this working.:(

Clio 172mk2
have u recently had new brakes fitted by any chance?

to adjust te switch push n twist it out of the holder, then get tthe plunger and pull u should hear it click. Once its at its fullest out. Push the pedel down, and insert switch into the holder, then gentle let pedel out and switch should click to correct place