ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP & Serv light now coming on!

Da

Less
Yeah I'm amazed that if the new tyres are the problem, that more people haven't had this issue. It's not the brake switch as mentioned earlier in the thread as this brings up the ABS light too so who knows!
Hopefully a simple 'reset' will sort it on the clip and all will be well again.

Renaultsport Megane R26
Daz - Mine's in tomorrow as well, so we'll be able to compare our respective dealers' success/excuses.

Wilja - Got the ESP, fuel & SERV lights on today - Connect 3!!! Do I get a prize?

Da

Less
Ok, got the car back just now and they've adjusted the brake light switch as that was the cause of the fault apparently. The fault doesn't always throw up the ABS light either, sometimes it can be just ESP & serv lights.

So, fingers crossed! :)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Daz- just one last theory is- do you have people sit in the back of ur car recently??
I get the service light come on occasionly and i found out that there is a few connector blocks under the passenger seat. Little test, take the car out &when the lights come on just reach under the passenger seat and gently tug on the wires. I dont think its anything major.
I change over my wheels all the time 15s/16s and never had a problem with lights coming on.

Da

Less
No mate, can't say that I've noticed it with anyone sat in the back recently. It seems to be at sustained speeds over a certain distance otherwise it doesn't come on.

clio sport 172
mine keep give ing me the serv and the esp its boooke in tomrow after at week end took out crusie control as well

Clown Car
Ok, got the car back just now and they've adjusted the brake light switch as that was the cause of the fault apparently. The fault doesn't always throw up the ABS light either, sometimes it can be just ESP & serv lights.

So, fingers crossed! :)

I have had tyres off/on a few times now and it never caused any problems.

You could have adjusted the brake light switch yourself, it takes less than a minute to do and is a very easy and simple thing to do to check whether that is the problem, i have had my ABS/SERV/TC light come on twice now and each time i have sorted it by re-adjusting the switch, if it does it again then i will probably get a new switch and replace it myself, as the usual response from my dealer is leave the car with us for the whole day so we can investigate.