ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP & Service lights came on today...

Cupped 182 with Recaros
hey, just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if it was a warranty job?

after about 30 mins of driving the ESP and "SERV" lights come on. they go off if I restart the engine, but come on again after about 30 mins. Last service was July 06 at 12,000 miles, have only done 5k since then.

lemme know!

thanks

LY 182 FF CUPPED
mine is doing it every few days......stays on for 20 mins...I restart the engine as I am driving and it seems to solve it!
Would also like to know why.....can't be arsed to get my car into reno for a "week".

Clown Car
It is located at the top of the brake pedal lever, open your drivers door, get down on the floor on your knees, make sure car is out of gear and start engine (which will allow the brake pedal to travel further down because the servo is now operating), push the brake pedal down and hold it there, at the top of the pedal lever you will find a small pin switch, pull out the centre of the switch as far as it will go, it is on a ratchet so you will hear it clicking, then let the brake pedal up slowly to the rest posistion, that's it job done.

If you still have problems then it could be a faulty brake switch or something else.

There is another thread on here somewhere about adjusting the switch, a poster on that thread says to use a 1mm feeler blade between the pedal lever and the switch pin when letting up the pedal so it sets it 1mm further back and that is how Renault do it.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
brilliant reply mate....will check mine in the morning.......let you know how I get on.
thanks again