ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

esp -traction control

Lee

BMW M2C

If its anything like the 172 the only way to launch quickly is with it switched off. Under normal driving it wont have any effect at all.

When on it helps on wheelspin but it also cuts power to the wheels, I have been told by some people that it doesnt help at all so I would say it would be quicker with it OFF.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by tunni on 23 April 2004

when turned off does the 182 go quicker from a stand still ?
Yes much much much quicker.

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

no but itll stop your tyres from lighting up and generally feel wrong when accelarating hard from standstill :)

if you turn it off.. then race on your favourite tracks its a sooo much faster car.. particulary exiting corners with your foot down.. you get more exit power delivery. however if you can make it round the corner with it off is another question.

BTW i also feel the throttle response is sharpend and its a much more entertaining drive all round.. although you feel more through the wheel (which is good)