ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

estimated bhp

Golf V6 4Motion

Just out of interest. Have come into a bit of money and buying a valver. But need more power - who doesnt! I am getting a valver 16v head of a mate and getting it flowed to f**k by newark engines - great garage.
Got a pipercross induction kit and magnex cat back.

Going to get a de-cat (obviously!)

And then going to cam it up - piper or kent dont know yet, with verneir pulleys and new followers. Also got a fse power boost valve and then get hill power to chip it up. ekotec valve probably do nothing but never know, obviously full service it and slap a set of KV85s on. Any ideas of estimated bhp?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

if i were u, id forget the induction kit, ull loose power with that! stick with the standard airbox with a panel filter in it!

def get the head worked on, get some cams, verniers, forget the PBV though, and i would get a proper chip like SMT6, Dastek unichip rather than an off the shelf chip! been there, they arent worth the money!

my old valver had all the above, balanced and lightened bottom end, supersprint manifiold, and was around 160bhp, average on different rolling roads!

if i had to do it again knowing what i know now, id go for a 2.0 lump no question!!!!! in fact i have done hehe

Golf V6 4Motion

The pbv is coming with the car so may as well leave it on. I am going to get hill power to chip it because they are the daddies!

160bhp? surely you should have had more than that - bet it was rapid though still.

I was hoping for more like 175bhp. I know hill power throttle body conversion talking like 220bhp+ with loads of torque. Its torque you want really more than anything I suppose. Ill get the head work done for definate - newark engines are really good and will do different stages of flowing. obviously ill them to go mental on it - also thinking perhaps bigger valves too. which cams did you opt for?

cheers

chris

williams and trophy

if uv com into money and want a fast valver......forget the head an cams on the 1800 n stick a 2.0 in............best money ul ever spend.......woteva uv got left set aside for a re-map from chip wizards, poss cams ......n there u go.....a fukkin fast motor

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

if u want torque u want a 2.0 mate unless ur spending silly money on mods!

hill power chips are off the shelf, not mapped to ur car, iv had one, trust me go for a full remap, because the remap is custom to ur car and mods!

i had it rolling roaded at 169.1bhp, but all the results seemed high on that day, i would have said more like 160. they arent easy engines to tune!

iv got same mods in this 2.0 and running 180bhp and 170+lbs/torque! its a different animal!!!

Golf V6 4Motion

It is and it aint about turbos. I mean still I know what will win out of a 800bhp skyline and a tvr cerbera 4.5

tvr every time - it is all about NA at the end of the day.

i will be in touch when i get the valver about cams

was finking about getting a williams instead - is it really worth the extra insurance and that? or is a bit of money in a valver beta?

williams and trophy

put it this way mate....if u had a valver and a williams parked up in ur drive.....the valver would probably spend most of its time parked up...the willy however....worth evry little bit extra

Mate go for a valver and put a willy lump in it, that will sort out the insurance bits thats wot i have done. Along with cams, pulleys, PBV, and piperX it made 170-175ish. Still has the SMT6 to go in and if i have money a bit of headwork. Willy lump is 10 times better than wen i had the valver lump in.