ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ET40 wheels on 172 Cup

Just bought a set of wheels for the clio second hand but in a 40 offset.

Will I need spacers? I forget if the higher the number sticks out or sticks in more. Should have checked before I bought them really. Can wait until the weekend to see if they fit, but if anyone has been in the same situation before and knows the answer it would be appreciated.

Ta :clown:

Im going to answer my own question after a change of keywords in the search.

The ET40 wheels will sit in my archs more as my Turinis are 38.5? So i lose 3mm track over all?

Clio16VT
Lower -> more to the outside

Higher -> more to the inside

I cant see why it wont fit? 172 cupwheels have 48.5 offset.

Running standard brakes so thats alright then :)

Hopefully now I can start getting this car how I want it!

Originally I found some 17s, but went for these in a 15" in the end. Smaller than the Turinis, but shouldnt look too small on the Cup

Thanks for the confirmations!

RS RIP
Lower -> more to the outside

Higher -> more to the inside

I cant see why it wont fit? 172 cupwheels have 48.5 offset.

Jo ! you're wrong dude , they're 38,5 . The wheels you are talking about are the "cup" ones that were for sale around Holland/Belgium ; Speedline Corse ET 48,5. When wanting the same track as the 172 cup you will need 1cm spacers all round with ET 48,5

Last edited:
  Clio16VT
WTF ????

right then, can you give renault and Speedline a call and tell them that there selling the wrong wheels please ? Thank You.

BTW, when you got them on the phone, tell them to change dialogis.

:rolleyes:

step1
cliocupwielen.gif

step2
cliocupwielen2.gif

step3
cliocupwielen3.gif

speedlineclio2008.gif

speedlineclio2007.gif

i'm work on very regular base on the clio's so dont tell me that i'm wrong "DUDE".

Popped one on. with the ET40 they dont catch anywhere, and have 2 fingers gap between the tyre and the shock thats all good.

Only Issue I do see, is that the "hub nut?" sticks through the centre of the wheel slightly and I dont have centre caps. I would buy some, but not sure if they will be recessed to fit or not?

Not even sure what wheels they are! They look like Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's but dont have 'Team Dynamic Motorsport' imprinted on the rim. They are also white and i'm not sure about the white against Mondial blue. Black FTW IMO

Jo - Franx is right.

What you are looking at is the 'clio cup RS2000' wheels. ET48.5 made for the clio cups in the cup championship

What we are on about is 172 clio cup wheels, which are ET38.5 and called 'Turinis' They look slightly diff too with less spokes than the ones you posted.

I have another issue now. The wheels I bought are VW fitment, aftermarket though.

They came with spigot rings to fit the 57.1 bore.

I need rings to take the bore to 60.1 AFAIK!

But I went to a motorsport place to get some spigots, and they are telling me that a clio should need 60.2 bore. Everywhere on here ive searched says 60.1, but his book says 60.2. Does anyone know if thats likely to be an older shape clio that had a different bore to my mk2? I dont want to tell him hes wrong if theres a valid reason!

Runs to borrow a vernier...

Ph1
WTF ????

right then, can you give renault and Speedline a call and tell them that there selling the wrong wheels please ? Thank You.

BTW, when you got them on the phone, tell them to change dialogis.

:rolleyes:

step1
cliocupwielen.gif

step2
cliocupwielen2.gif

step3
cliocupwielen3.gif

speedlineclio2008.gif

speedlineclio2007.gif

i'm work on very regular base on the clio's so dont tell me that i'm wrong "DUDE".

Thats one serious b1tch strop haha :lolup:

et 38.5 on a road going Cup ie Turini's

RS RIP
sorry dude.. ;)

But we're talking about a 172 cup (road car) here..

The later 182 models have the bigger hubs, (as the official Sport CLio Cup you looked up) therefore running a different ET value wheels, to correct the track width. I know this for a fact . 172 Cup (ROAD CAR) runs ET 38,5 . end of...

Maybe you did'nt know yet Jo , the 172 Ragnotti is the English 172 Cup. I think we learn every day , even when working on Renaults on regular basis . I have to tell the Renault dealer-people things they hear for the first time in their life and they seem to work on them on a regular basis :D

Clio16VT
appology to Frankx,

for me there is only one real cup clio, and thats how they came from Dieppe.

@ ilovewilly, whe talk about corse (2118), not turini's ;)

btw, that sucks :S (wrong boresize).

appology to Frankx,

for me there is only one real cup clio, and thats how they came from Dieppe.

@ ilovewilly, whe talk about corse (2118), not turini's ;)

btw, that sucks :S (wrong boresize).

Well I wasnt talking about the 2118. FAIL? ;)

Only messing Jo. Interesting pics. How did you get that catalogue?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Franx & Jo did either Ned & Bel get the MTV version of the (uk)cup/ragnotti? Was the trim any different on it?

Do you have the 'team' in bel as well or is it a 182cup/ragnotti?

renaultcliorsteam1823.jpg

renaultcliorsteam1822.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio16VT
no, whe dont know the 172 cup version as they are only deliverd in the UK. The ragnotti is the lightweight version and std fitted with the turinis.

@ilovewilly, i dont think that you understand french ?

clik this link: http://www.renault-sport.com/fr/boutique/catalogue/

then you got the choise between all the race and rally cars with the partnumbers and dwrawings.