ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ethernet Cable and Armoured Cable

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the plan is to run 6mm armoured cable to my garage, at the same time I thought it would be wise to run an ethernet cable so my garage has good internet.

would running Ethernet cable next to mains cable cause any issues? could be looking at a distance of like 30 odd metres?

FF Clio 182
Just make sure the cable is CAT 6 to cut down on any potential issues as its well shielded agains interference.

Theoretically the electromagnetic field from the cable could cause interference with the Data cable, CAT 6 was developed to minimise this.

DCi
Is your garage detached from your house/ is the cable going outside? There is specific cable for outside use

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's going down the side of my house then across about two metres of garden into my garage.

I've got 50 metres of strande, twisted and shielded cat5 cable

182, SQ7, Trafic
You need an external grade, you can also get direct burial which is think about looking at.

I'd be using Cat 6 personally too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If it's running outside - I'd be putting the network cable through a plastic conduit anyway. Much cheaper if you have to replace the cable again in the future.

​D.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
its not expensive, check the ebay link i posted. its going going under about 2 metres of grass, if that