ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eugh........water under back seats

2003 Clio 172
Ok, so was giving the wee car a clean after using it as a house moving workhorse for a bit and noticed that under the rear ns sead is sodden

Had a look around the area and cannot see where it might be coming from so gonna dry it and cover it in talc to see if it helps me trace it.

Any general areas of concern for leaks in the back/boot area?

I did notice that the bracket that holds the bottom of the boot strut was sodden with crud (bits of leaves etc) and thought that might have been holding water against the boot seal and allowing water to seep through but i fixed that yesterday and there was more water this am

Lights all sealed tight and boot grommets all sealed

Not coming from the washer either as water has no smell as opposed to washer fluid

J

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in the same boat mate.

Rear boot carpet was soaked, pool of water under the back seats and rear footwells were damp.
Sealed up the boot stop grommets but not 100% sure this is the main cause.

I've read that the boot seal can cause issues, as can the aerial.

Watching with interest!

2003 Clio 172
The aerial...... christ i never thought of that one. Would the roof lining not be wet tho or does It miss it somehow

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My track car had a very slight hole in one of the spot welds near the boot strut. Could hardly be seen, but was letting in loads of water! You could see the water mark down the inside of the panel just above the N/S light. Sealed with a tiny bit of silicone and all sorted!

It was made easier by the fact it is all stripped out!