ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Road Trip

Don't worry we'll just ignore you for the trip ;)

If we have walkie talkies you won't be able to :evil:.

No but on a serious note, I'm not a cnut. I think meeting up before we head the ferry is a great idea, as I might spend most of it throwing up over the side not getting to know anybody.

Have we got a final route planned, as has anybody checked that the ring is a public day on the day we are going?

clio 172
what day are u all going to be at the ring because i live a couple of hours from the ring and still havent been there yet???

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
wasn't there a post eraly on about going for a bite to eat before hand, as said before i'm up for a bite to eat just as long we have enough time like

what day are u all going to be at the ring because i live a couple of hours from the ring and still havent been there yet???

South Wales is quite a way from the ring ;)

Not sure, one of these guys who has the plan will be able to let you know I'm sure.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Make sure someone does a proper write up of this for the home page. :cool:

I'll be doing a writeup, don't know if anyone else will, I'm setting up a page where all my photos get uploaded automatically as we go so you can all follow us in realtime ;)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'll be taking photo's too, main reason why i got my new DSLR. Is it worth buying a second battery, not sure wether to buy a OE Canon one or a cheaper one?

Last edited:
  Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
i'll be taking photo's too, main reason why i got my new DSLR. Is it worth buying a second battery charger, not sure wether to buy a OE Canon one or a cheaper one?

Get a battery pack, then it should last the entire trip!

You are all going to show me up, I only have a Nikon D40!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've got all my new brakes now f + r disks and pads, going to get them fitted 1 week before we set off along with a service. the lad is busy best he could do to fit me in.

Today got a GB sticker and beam benders, got a warning triangle in the house and got a first aid kit in the car and a fair few bulbs and fuses. also got some flo vests

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
how many nights are we camping then?

I've just ordered a spare OE battery pack for my camera, i'll also be bringing my slingshot and my tripod and a few memory cards.

Stu do you remember that camera mount for the window, i got it but it's nee good as there's nee room for the camera to do with the angle of the windscreen. Is there another type to hold ours?

Adam, how much do I owe you for the sticker?

Booked the ferry yesterday. Got 4 brand new tyres, and new discs and pads all round are the way as well as a service. An expensive weekend!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Adam, how much do I owe you for the sticker?

Booked the ferry yesterday. Got 4 brand new tyres, and new discs and pads all round are the way as well as a service. An expensive weekend!

£3 or a couple of pints per sticker ;)

I have 2 black and 6 white.

Everyone can have a free Genyx Systems sticker to promote my company if you like haha

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm quit concerned about my exhaust, there's a terrible noise on it when it's hot after 4 1/2k revs. really don't want to fork out for a new system

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
i'm quit concerned about my exhaust, there's a terrible noise on it when it's hot after 4 1/2k revs. really don't want to fork out for a new system

You shouldn't be driving to the shops past 4 1/2 k revs ;)
What kind of noise? A rattle?

I'll get a picture later of the stickers and 'said sticker', I'm going to give her a long awaited clean.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
it's had 2 cracks on my Magnex both have been welded, sounds like a rattle. I think it's the bafflers in the back box but it's passed it's mot. if it is the bafflers would my exhaust be ok for the trip. if i turn up the music it will blanc it out abit. but it's very noticeable the sound like. it doesnt make it normal driving only when you give it beans

it's had 2 cracks on my Magnex both have been welded, sounds like a rattle. I think it's the bafflers in the back box but it's passed it's mot. if it is the bafflers would my exhaust be ok for the trip. if i turn up the music it will blanc it out abit. but it's very noticeable the sound like. it doesnt make it normal driving only when you give it beans

I've got an old 172 backbox in my garage, would need welding into place though. If you want it, you can have it. Think it's powerflow. It was grinded off my old car, but sure can be made to fit.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
spoke to the mechanic who's doing my car, he's looking at my car next Wednesday. see what he says about it then

what's the condition of the exhaust Stu, how much mileage has it had?

just wondering Adam if the bore is the same as mine