ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Road Trip

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Must be doing it wrong then. I'll give it ago tomorrow. Chris tried it too. A job for me and the lads tomorrow at the shop

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Had one of the mechanics in the car to find out what that noise is. He says sounds like It's the gear box (bearings) has gone. Not good news at mo

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I think It's the exhaust. He thinks It's the gear box. Getting my car serviced next Saturday he's going to change the gear oil see if that cures the sound. Getting one of the lads in the shop to have a ride in it see what he thinks on the noise

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
the lad in the shop had a go he says sounds like the exhaust. on;t make the noise when cars hot and putting power down and lifting off

had a go and can't get the camera to go normal way up on the windscreen

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
if you record video upside down could you rotate the video as you can pictures?

RB 200
Right loosers... lol

I've got a copy of the map, and route for all of you. So please someone remind me to put it in my car before we set off for Adam's haha.

f81c166f.jpg

Saved me a job, pinched some paper from work and everything :p couldn't be arsed to change my ink though!
-:)
I'm putting a new battery on Before we go!

Really can't wait now :)

AdamP, can you PM me your phone number please, and the post code of where we're going to meet. Cheeeeeeers :rasp:

Will do it now dude, sorry been away on a mini road trip in my mates cars.

Alls I'm saying is, please don't let it be windy when we get the ferry.

I'm hoping it's not windy when we travel on the ferry. Did Calais to Dover yesterday, and instead of an hour and 30 mins, it took the best part of 8 hours.

On another note, there are some cracking roads in France. :D

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
hope it is ok on the weather like.

been to Tyre Spot over on Scotswood road this morning, eventauly found out the problem after 2 test drives and on the ramps twice. looks like it to be the heat shield hitting against the exhaust plus one of the clamps was near enough against the sub frame so that got re aligned, on way home didn't hear nowt so jobs a good un.

Also the car didn't start at tyre spot they jumped it and started straight away so went to Discount after Chris there put a new one on for me :)

That's good news then, at least it's sorted!

It's probably best if I meet you guys at Newport Pagnell services on the M1. MK16 8DS. That's about 30 miles away from me and saves you guys having to come off route.