ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

European Numberplates

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Wondering whether to buy some pressed plates for my clio mk 2 ph2, i think the look smart on other cars but never seen them on a clio,

Firstly, Are they legal in the uk for road use ?
And secondly how do you think they will look ?

Clio 1.4s Ph1!
Worth the risk ? i live in skeg, police here are useless but if i go anywhere else :/

I'd say they were worth it there, we went for a week and when pissed my friends thought it'd be a good idea to take both my plates off and put them in the boot, drove round and didnt bother putting them back on for a couple days and saw police.

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Hmm i have looked at the UK legal ones but they seem bland, you dont seem to get the same look as the french ones, might just risk it after what you said adam and go for french style, but i will include the F, Im Risky ;)
If the cops tell me i will just cover it over haha

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Yhh jake theres a lad here who has a mr2, he has no front plate and a small one on the back like a bike plate, its illigal as hell but hes never been stopped
Till i got angel eyes i had multi colour side lights in, the police complimented them, even tho on the pack it says for show use only not for general use, i was laughing

Clio 1.4s Ph1!
Yhh jake theres a lad here who has a mr2, he has no front plate and a small one on the back like a bike plate, its illigal as hell but hes never been stopped
Till i got angel eyes i had multi colour side lights in, the police complimented them, even tho on the pack it says for show use only not for general use, i was laughing

That about the police is quite funny, there's an evo down ingoldmells with a tiny front one in window.

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Haha, our police are a joke, Even better there is no speed cameras all the way to boston now coz some unknown legend went on a burning spree, and theres non going to lincoln either so i can travel for ages over the limit :)

BG182FF
u havent been stopped cos your lucky, i got stopped 3 times for my 3/4 sized plates and got fined three times so took it off. Only a matter of time before they pick on you and once your marked, they will check everytime they see you like they did me

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Martin what did you get the fine for ?
Surely not of skeg police, the worst they do is issue section 59's for annoyance haha

BG182FF
nope i got the fine for having a 3/4 number plate, well not even 3/4, just one that fits the recess in the front bumper. yes of traffic police in Skeg, theres not a lot of them about but when they are out, they stop everyone so be warned. Got fined £60 each time too :(

AUDI A5 s-sline
Haha, our police are a joke, Even better there is no speed cameras all the way to boston now coz some unknown legend went on a burning spree, and theres non going to lincoln either so i can travel for ages over the limit :)

wish someone would do that here! :( lucky you! :)

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
I go round with an Italian plate and the police stops me twice a week.................

eheheheheh :D

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
traffic police are hardcore :) they literally have the power to do anything! (within reason and related to cars) i remember a friend was of to PVS and got pulled by traffic police 1. his tyre tread was outside the arch they 2. found he had a de-cat 3. also tinted rear lights without the reflectors showing.
Police 3 Friend 0

Decatting isn't striclty illegal the police don't actually realise, a few of my mates have decats but their emissions are still low enough to pass without a CAT, if you get done for not having a cat you can show an emissions sheet, as for tinting rear lights only a light smoke is appropriate and as for tread outside arch, negative camber or arch pulling is the only way to sort it.

Back on topic euro numberplates are cool to look at till you get pulled, also in france they stopped using pressed metal ten years ago..

Clio 172 ph1
FYI, an MOT and the law are different. There are many things which will pass one and fall foul of the other, numberplates included >_<

Police here are normally pretty easy-going although will be a bummer if you do get pulled. Only thing I'd say is don't drive abroad with them. In Europe they are much more stringent when it comes to things like that, and European police love picking on British drivers so don't give them an excuse!

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Decatting isn't striclty illegal the police don't actually realise, a few of my mates have decats but their emissions are still low enough to pass without a CAT, if you get done for not having a cat you can show an emissions sheet, as for tinting rear lights only a light smoke is appropriate and as for tread outside arch, negative camber or arch pulling is the only way to sort it.

Back on topic euro numberplates are cool to look at till you get pulled, also in france they stopped using pressed metal ten years ago..

Well I'm here in France now (the car park outside is 90% pressed plates, even on some new cars)... I was at the supermarket today and there was a number plate shop still selling pressed plates for €35 a pair. So I'd disagree!

Me.... I have UK plates with the little GB over here, it's the opposite fashion :rasp: