ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evenin' all! Clio coming soon, a few pics of old cars in the mean time...

So I'm currently researching all there is to know about ph2 dci's, I'll be buying one soon, once my wife & I return from deepest darkest Africa where we've been working voluntarily for a while (I'm not sure how we'll cope without the sun though...)

I'm glad I found this site, it's been a wealth of information already, aswell as cliodci.net. Some very nice looking dci's also here, I quite fancy the idea of turning a standard dci into the car that Renault should have sold from the factory, dci sport etc.

The thought of 60-70mpg, £30 or less a year to tax, and seemingly peanuts to insure, yes please!

I won't be spending a fortune on modifying, it will have to be on a budget in fact, saying that - it would be great to find one already modified, but from what I've seen they don't come up very often!

Anyway, I obviously don't have any pictures of a Clio to share (yet), so I thought I'd let you in to a little bit of my motoring history:-

A mint mk2 Golf GTi:-
Picture_132.jpg

Every car enthusiast needs to own an Alfa at some point... 2.4 JTD - awesome to drive, shame Italian cars don't last well!
RIMG0473.jpg

I did love the interior though...
RIMG0475.jpg

The best summertime car possible:- Audi 80 2.8 V6 convertible
autotrader14.jpg

ee04ce17.jpg

CIMG2029.jpg

The fun but sensible 2.2 diesel Civic:-
RIMG0025.jpg

By far the best car that I have ever owned, wonderful to drive, 330D M Sport:-
Picture005b.jpg

Picture003b.jpg

Ahh, the memories of watching tv whilst stuck in traffic on the motorway!
Picture099b.jpg

Save the best for last, my favourite 'toy' car... mk1 Golf, fitted with supercharged G40 engine:-
Picture_012.jpg

smallbay1.jpg

That's probably about 10% of the total number of cars that I've owned, but they are some of the more interesting ones!

All told, I love driving, and love saving money, I've developed somewhat of an allergy to depreciation & running costs, hence my new found love for Clio dci's!!

Last edited:
Some nice cars there!
Out of interest, where are you volunteering in Africa and what sort of things are you up to there?

I'm already registered over at Cliodci - very useful site.

Just so I know - I'm looking at joining as a CS member shortly - can I just pay on a credit card? And is it an automatic process that will then allow me to view the member only sections, or will I have to wait for a few days / weeks for activation etc?

Many thanks!

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Tonka truck do you have to sign up to that clioDCI website?

You have to sign up, but all the information is FREE, no membership required.

I'm already registered over at Cliodci - very useful site.

Just so I know - I'm looking at joining as a CS member shortly - can I just pay on a credit card? And is it an automatic process that will then allow me to view the member only sections, or will I have to wait for a few days / weeks for activation etc?

Many thanks!

It's instant, as soon as you pay you have access. :)

Thought I'd put a little post in here, as I'm now a member!

First car club I have ever joined... And I don't even have a Clio (yet!)

I'm actually really impressed with everything about the Club & site so far - top marks to all involved. Thank you!