ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ever loose your photographic mojo?

Cayman S Edition 1
Since deciding to pack in my sideline of glamour photography earlier this year, I can't seem to get my love for taking pictures back.

I've done a few bits here and there (some nice car pics), but where I lived and breathed it for 18months, I seem to have lost that spark.

Anyone else ever go through this?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yes for the last 14 years, ever since I graduated Uni,
I haven't taken a photo for pleasure since then, unless it makes me money I don't pick up the camera.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I stopped using mine for a good few years, probably 5 or so without picking it up. Ended up going digital in about 2009 and use it pretty often now.
My old Canon eos 30 still has old film in it which I imagine is pretty fucked now.

I definitely don't use the camera as much as I did a few years ago.
Still have it in my bag most of the time, but rarely if ever do photoshoots any more, just the odd snap if I see something interesting.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
And do u find making money from it a nightmare?

Yes very much so, if I went into wedding photography I could be making a grand a shoot,
but i've done a few weddings as favours or wedding presents and it's stressful as hell
and I always come away thinking the shots aren't good enough,
even though the bride and groom are happy.

But I wouldn't be confident charging a grand for the quality of shots i've produced in the past.

Sadly all of my skills lie in commercial studio portraits,
model makeovers, boudoir, families, kids, pets etc,
but even when I had my own studio it wasn't easy making money,
i've done it as a staff photographer for other studios and at best you make £16-18k a year,
so no matter how highly skilled I am or how impressive my shots are,
i'm never going to make enough money to actually get on in life.

Cayman S Edition 1
Yes very much so, if I went into wedding photography I could be making a grand a shoot,
but i've done a few weddings as favours or wedding presents and it's stressful as hell
and I always come away thinking the shots aren't good enough,
even though the bride and groom are happy.

But I wouldn't be confident charging a grand for the quality of shots i've produced in the past.

Sadly all of my skills lie in commercial studio portraits,
model makeovers, boudoir, families, kids, pets etc,
but even when I had my own studio it wasn't easy making money,
i've done it as a staff photographer for other studios and at best you make £16-18k a year,
so no matter how highly skilled I am or how impressive my shots are,
i'm never going to make enough money to actually get on in life.

Ah fair play to you Dave. I had no idea mate:)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's because I never go in photography chat. lol

Doing you hobby/passion as a job doesn't always turn out to be a good thing,
if it made more money then i'd love it alot more.

Here's a couple of examples of my work.

HKR_8980_ppbicknell.jpg

HKR_5263_pp.jpg

HKR_0802_pp.jpg

HKR_0864_ppbw.jpg

HKR_8856.jpg

HKR_3816.jpg

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome Mr Dreads :)

Yeah, I've lost my photography mojo somewhat. I think that's due more to the fact I haven't had my car on the road for a while and my photography seems very much linked to my driving / travels.

Swift Sport
I've never tired of taking pictures, but I have given up trying to take great pictures... If that makes any sense?

I've sold the DSLR and use a bridge camera now, and I'm happy enough snapping away to the best of my abilities.

Cayman S Edition 1
I've never tired of taking pictures, but I have given up trying to take great pictures... If that makes any sense?

I've sold the DSLR and use a bridge camera now, and I'm happy enough snapping away to the best of my abilities.

Sounds good mate

Cayman S Edition 1
Well one of my friends got in touch last week who I used to shoot with a fair bit and asked if I fancied doing some new pics.

So I grabbed the 50mm and thought I'd try my hand at some natural light portrait stuff. Also got to use my reflector which has been gathering dust for two years:)

Have to admit it was great to be shooting again just for fun. We always have a laugh:)

14580730097_32ac779469_c.png

Lucy by JaysBoudoir Photography, on Flickr

14580549209_3b2016f222_c.png

14580730457_fa4e965007_c.png

14764834534_e7653eb3fd_c.png

14764016341_9cba8e8bb2_c.png

14787059663_e7cc46fbf1_c.png