ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evertyhing must go.........

Guys,

Just to let you all know that my time here is nearly coming to a close..........

I was stopped for speeding and dangerous driving on Marxh 23rd here in Northern Ireland and last Thursday 12th September I was convicted of these charges and given a 12 month driving ban and a £600 fine. I was on the front page of the main newspaper here simply because there was no other news that day (ie noone was shot, bombed or any other terrorust activity........) IThe headline read 130mph (the fastest speed caught on record here in Northern Ireland) Im gutted to say the least so the cup and 1600 and everything else to do with cars that I have enjoyed in my 10 years of driving have to go. I simply wont get insurance on either of them and will have to start again. 10 years down the tubes.

Im sure a few on here will be having a good chuckle at this, but a final word of advise slow down, it cant be done anymore under any circumstances. I have learnt my lesson the hard way and the things I loved most have also been taken away including my freedom to drive.

It kills me to get rid of the cup and its killing me dealing with the consequences of my actions. Weve all done it (stand up and tell me who hasnt) but Im the unlucky b*****d who caught caught and made an example of!

Its been a blast..............

Tim

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

i am not laughing , but then i have never done 130mph. It must be terrible to have your license taken away. Good luck in the future, at least there was no prison sentence.

Look on the bright side, its only a year and who knows, if you really were driving dangerously, then to learn your lesson, even the hard way, is better than killing your self....

A friend of mines husband was not so lucky, he accidentally killed his best mate by dangerous driving, along with the guilt, he went down for two years.

Look at it as a chance for a fresh start, take the money you get from your cars and go on holiday, have some fun.

The year will pass in a flash, before you know it; youll be building up ya no claims again...:)

Cheers Viv! If I hadnt been stopped I probs would have ended up either killing myself or someone else.........

CTR EK9 turbo

Bad luck dude. I agree with Viv, take that money and buy a nice pair of shoes or a mountain bike or something with a good lock. (can you still cycle a bike on a ban? as if you commit traffic offences on a pedal bike you can get points on your drivers license?)

mate, sorry to hear that....i guess your who this article is about

RESIDENT Magistrate slammed a final year architectural student for driving a car at speeds which reached 130mph on the M2 Ballymena bypass.

taken from a northern ireland newspaper

307 hdi (powered by derv)

christ, unlucky mate. sorry to here it. my car dont even do 130 so i aint got a clue what i feels like.

Sorry to hear that M8. Hope you keep in touch with the club and everything works out for you.

Like everybody sais, chill out and put your feet up for a while.

Take it easy bud,

Mac

I agree with Viv172, use the money to go away and chill, or for a different pastime, and the time will soon fly!

Dont know what I would do if I lost my licence, would feel like a body part had been removed or something.. :(

Elise/VX220/R26

hmmm 130 on a bypass road tut tut. Couldnt have expected any other outcome really m8 could you? Anyway sorry to hear your having to get rid of the motors. That must be a bigger punishment than the fine or the ban :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Unlucky mate.

But i do admire you, not many people can say they have been in the paper for doing 130mph.

But does this mean you wont be visiting cliosport?

Dude who will i argue with?

If ya need any help pm me.

I got a years and a half ban for racing on the public highway, charge was dangerous driving. Never ever told the insurance company about it on my return to the road, and got away with it. Not saying to do this, just saying you can get the better of them occasionally

i got courght about 3 weeks ago doing 39 in 30 mph zone 3 points and 60quid fine which pissed me off. and theres my mates who gets done doing 116mph racing a vtr in supercharged vr6 270bhp with 25 shot of nos he gets away with it because it was one of those sh*tty little hand held speed guns which doesnt get your reg.

i feel for u m8 i really do ive got to be carefull as f**k now as im in probational 2 year period another 3 points then i loose my license and i cant have that