ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evil Ice

Rus,

Can I retain the existing 6 CD changer if I fit an Alpine CDA7894RB CD/Receiver in my Mk2 172? Roughly what is the RMS output of the head units internal amp (will it drive a set of components until I can afford a seperate amp?

Also will you price match other competitors?

Appreciate the help, thanks.

Hi

The Alpine headunits use an AI Net system for their changers which as far as i know wont be compatible with your existing changer. I dont think there is a converter available either unfortunately. You would need to get an Alpine changer as well but they are very well made if thats any consolation. Ive seen one take 155db and still not skip.

The Alpine amps are pretty strong. They are 60watts max so you would be looking at between 24 and 26 watts RMS per channel. It will run a set of components and would sound better than your standard speakers but you could do with getting a seperate amp for them when you can.

regarding your other question. We can do price matches on lots of our products and in fact we are cheapest on many of them. It depends what it is really but anyone here can contact us at any time to get our best price on products.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio