ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo 7 project

BG 182
So After parting ways with my partner/wife of 11 years - I have some spare time on my hands!! only right I got an evo... Theres a list of cars I've always wanted to own e46 M3 which I ticked off last year and an evo. Not a great fan of 7's but nothing a pair of 9 bumpers wont sort out.

Its always good to hear opinions and views and maybe some guidance... plus everyone loves an evo

im new to evos, but haven't gone into this blind and know its going to cost me! I would like to run 500bhp as I believe the engine I have purchased is good for it. I don't really want to start upgrading the diff etc if its going to be silly money but we'll see.

Spec as it stands -
No engine - had a forged lump in it but a piston or 2 came out the side of the block.
3 inch exhaust and downpipe - custom
evo 9 headlights
carbon vortex
Some type of carbon rear spoiler - not sure whether its standard or not, only the horizontal part is carbon, unless the rest has been painted
samco hoses

to Do list
2.3 Stroker - purchased - awaiting collection as per pic below
1200cc injectors - purchased - possibly overkill but can always be moved on and replaced for more suitable ones
then the usual supporting mods to try and make 500bhp

If anyone knows of any parts for sale then let me know - turbo, wastegate, manifold, intercooler, hard pipe kit, coilovers, wheels, big brakes etc

IMG_8869.JPG
IMG_8872.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I thought that when I was looking - would get a 7 and fit 9 bits...

They're called vortex generators.

Intentionally creates spirals of turbulent air which "tumble" downwards, keeping the airflow "tight" to the window/boot profile rather than separating off of the car. Reduces drag.

One of those lovely aerodynamic phenomenons where doing something normally considered "bad" in a very strategic place on the car body actually benefits overall.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Another evo owner on CS :D

Welcome back. The spoiler is standard btw.

I know it sounds immense and the concept makes you want to giggle like a Japanese school girl but you don't honestly need big power from these. Most agree more than 400bhp they start to lose drivability. Of course others disagree!

:cool:Lovely project!

Another evo owner on CS :smiley:

Welcome back. The spoiler is standard btw.

I know it sounds immense and the concept makes you want to giggle like a Japanese school girl but you don't honestly need big power from these. Most agree more than 400bhp they start to lose drivability. Of course others disagree!

More power = more fun, it's been proven that girls say 400 is enough, nothing is ever enough, ever lmao :tongueclosed::cool:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I looked at the FFS thread for this, nice cheap car, enjoy the rebuild.

BG 182
I am hoping this is a nice cheap car! my wish list keeps growing though. its from a friend, he just fell in love with motorX so I took it off him for fair money!

Evo 8 and clio 172
Looks very clean, only thing to note with all evos is their ability to rot if not looked after. Thay and take every penny. Will get some good torque on a stroker motor.

Be spoilt for choice on the turbo front budget depending lol

BG 182
i was supposed to get some pics today but trying to get the cup upto scratch to sell and fund the turbo kit... rear arches are pretty hanging and it does need some work on the underside. Once i have the engine bits which should be this week i shall look at getting the underside checked over and the arches painted.

Megan's rs250
Mitsubishi Lancer register is the best place to look for advice with your evo , get joined up. Parts try Ross sport and mapping ,servicing AP tuning Norwich speak to Gary have not met anyone who knows evos better . Nice car that but won't be cheap to get it done properly running 400-400.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Before you throw oodles of cash at it I would take a good look at the rear chassis legs.
Remove the rear bumper and have a gander inside,obviously look from underneath too,if it's been under sealed you may be best to remove some and have a proper look.
In the last two weeks I've sold a pair of rear quarters and a pair of rear chassis legs,both were red E7,s too
Both lads are on the Facebook page doing resto work.

Hope it turns out to be a good one for you

Jon

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with the MLR really, just need to learn how to filter out the bullshit. Great resource if used correctly.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Both of them! 🙈:up:
Knob. :tongueout:

Scotty i think anything that is Japanese and has circa 500bhp+ falls into the weapon bracket :smiley:
I'd really disagree, proper shower of tosspots on there, avoid!!

There are some nice motors on MLR but the banter is very limited compared to here! They just have a different breed of clique lol. It's pretty drab other than looking at other peoples cars

Megan's rs250
Knob. :tongueout:

Scotty i think anything that is Japanese and has circa 500bhp+ falls into the weapon bracket :smiley:

There are some nice motors on MLR but the banter is very limited compared to here! They just have a different breed of clique lol. It's pretty drab other than looking at other peoples cars

BG 182
Before you throw oodles of cash at it I would take a good look at the rear chassis legs.
Remove the rear bumper and have a gander inside,obviously look from underneath too,if it's been under sealed you may be best to remove some and have a proper look.
In the last two weeks I've sold a pair of rear quarters and a pair of rear chassis legs,both were red E7,s too
Both lads are on the Facebook page doing resto work.

Hope it turns out to be a good one for you

Jon

This is looking to be true...and I knew this before I bought it, but maybe not too bad. Im gonna get the rear bumper off and have a good look. I've budgeted £1000 to have the rear quarters repaired, the underside stripped any welding, underseal and paint. I hope its not unrealistic... My annual leave gets renewed end of march so I shall be booking some time off and doing as much prep work as possible.

I took a 420mile round trip Thursday evening to collect my stroker engine...

BG 182
So this was the initial set of rods etc I bought for a 2.0 forged build....I have just taken deposit on these due to purchasing the above stroker kit
_57_zps3qbe0x1n.jpg

parts of the new stoker kit - Block, crank and head are in the car... just need to find someone to assemble it.
E6BF39FA-F405-4851-9682-DC0C65586CAC_zpstpp3m6ev.jpg

1E0F434A-1DD5-4035-9C4E-2FD61F92484F_zps2gm89itp.jpg

C85BCEB4-2AF8-43B5-9B18-9F8A6BADB9FB_zpst7bh3jrk.jpg

F818E624-FB16-4059-A80E-41C0134A5E4B_zps2nuhkbmq.jpg

96E35059-7982-4510-A6B1-9EF0E56F5F8D_zpslcy6wvi3.jpg

1865B095-14A6-40D7-836A-FB2F1F0A122A_zpsdhkgrqvr.jpg

BG 182
Oh and a set of 1200cc injectors.

So far....the car and engine stand me in at £3170. Im hoping to be painted, 2.3 stroker engine fully built and running a GT35 turbo for under £7k

I am hoping that I can get some shiny trick bits in the mix as well.... 18 inch rota's, 9 bumpers and brake rebuild and some coilovers

Evo 8 and clio 172
Mlr is a bit hit and miss, evolution page on Facebook isn't bad..

Definitely want to get the rust sorted first, known of later cars rot under the fuel tank (filler pipe is common).

What clutch are you going to fit? Ross sport/ owens hybrid turbo would be worth a look. They make great power on the bb version ;)

BG 182
Rust equipment has been ordered in the form of bilt hamber - Deox 5ltrs, electrox 800ml and epoxy mastic 1kg. Im hoping this will get the underside protected. Anything that's needs cutting out and replacing will be done by a fabricator but im gonna do the messy work of finding the holes first!

I plan to remove the rear bumper this week and make a start before I spend anymore money - a Call will be made to RG motorsport tomorrow to quote me on the engine build. if anyone has any other suggestions for an engine builder in the south east im happy to hear about them