ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo hits M3... MLR trackday at Spa

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
According to the M3 and Evo lot it was the 2nd time the driver lost control on that hairpin. He didn't even apologise to the M3 owner in the pits

Shocking.

Rusty Cup
actually pretty sickening, ive got a number of mates that if that was their m3 would have spent the night in a cell lol not great with anger management at the best of times but that is enough to make anyone snap surely :S uber bad times

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've just watched it again and that Evo driver is a fcuking bellend. He wasn't even going fast, you can hear him trying to show off the the cameras/crowds behind the wall.

Doofus.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So what happens on a trackday if your hit by an uninsured driver etc?

You look after yourself.

If you crash, If you get hit, its tough titties. (Unless you're insured)

iirc, track insurance doesn't cover 3rd parties??

S4 Avant
You look after yourself.

If you crash, If you get hit, its tough titties. (Unless you're insured)

iirc, track insurance doesn't cover 3rd parties??

Track insurance usually just covers your car, regardless of who hit who.

DB.

BMW 440i
So in theory, you could buy a banger, get track insurance and steamroll it into a 911GT3RS on a track day at Trax?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So in theory, you could buy a banger, get track insurance and steamroll it into a 911GT3RS on a track day at Trax?

If you're buying a banger, why would you insure it??

Just drive into the 911 and feck off home!

S4 Avant

Yes, you could. Whether you'd be able to walk away after the man steps out of the porsche, is another question

DB.

BMW 440i
If you're buying a banger, why would you insure it??

Just drive into the 911 and feck off home!

I thought that after i posted it. lol

So if you did this, then the 911 driver assaulted you, he could end up with no car and a criminal record. F*ck me, that would be a bad day!

All seems a bit unfair really the way the insurance thing works etc.

Two 0 Shitx
If you can't afford to replace or repair the car your trackdaying then insure it, if you can't afford to insure it, don't do trackdays.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
The way track day insurance works seems spot on to me.

It covers you car so no matter what you are ok. You hit someone else then your insurance won't pay for their car. That's why they should also have their own track day insurance and all is well.

Turbos.
You're shafted either way, the excess on track day insurance is massive. Unless you are close to writing the car off, then there isn't a huge amount of benefit...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You're shafted either way, the excess on track day insurance is massive. Unless you are close to writing the car off, then there isn't a huge amount of benefit...

This.

Its the reason all my track cars have been sub £4k. I can afford to lose that if someone smashes into me. If I smash it up its my own fault so have no complaints there either.

If I bought an M3 for £12k and tracked that and bent it in half, i'd be financially fcuked. Hence why I don't!

Black 172 PH2
I've just watched it again and that Evo driver is a fcuking bellend. He wasn't even going fast, you can hear him trying to show off the the cameras/crowds behind the wall.

Doofus.

You hear as he goes to accelerate, then hesitates and brakes.
Feel sorry for the BMW driver, just wrong place at the wrong time.
Can you imagine how angry he would of been?!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Evo =

attachment.php

BMW

P1010917.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A pillar will be fine!

Fag wagon anyway.

Oh picture fail of the evo Ste.

This.

Its the reason all my track cars have been sub £4k. I can afford to lose that if someone smashes into me. If I smash it up its my own fault so have no complaints there either.

If I bought an M3 for £12k and tracked that and bent it in half, i'd be financially fcuked. Hence why I don't!

That's why I have currently given up doing track days. Only ever been to the Renaultsport organised days or (although completely different) Clarkie's airfield days and both of these were really well organised.

However on the last trackday I went to (Cadwell, last August) somebody flipped their 58 plate 197 Cup and it ended up completely crumpled.

Cadwell is an amazing track and I loved it, but after that 197 Cup got smashed it made me realise that the next track day I drive it will be in a sub £3k car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Exactly why I drive a s**t heap. Haven't got the space for a 2nd car, and if I do crash, just buy another.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Agree. I don't insure any of my cars that I use on track.

For that very reason.