ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO Magazine - Oct 2013 - RB Clio 182 in £4000 Performance Cars article

RB 182 Cup
October's EVO Magazine has an article on £4000 performance cars;

Subaru Impreza WRX v Alfa 147 GTA v MR2 v Clio 182

Whilst not a true group test looking for a winner, the Clio 182 was chosen as the one car out of the above they'd like to own / drive on a day to day basis.

RB 182 cup
cant see 182's fetching 4K for much longer. The value of them seems to be falling pretty recently.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
OMGZ, 4k? Never worth that. Definitely a heap. No mention of a ride on the guys wife for it either. £1800 max. YOLO.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
£4k MR2 would be very tidy too.

Prob my choice.

​Short back and sides sir?

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Yey that's my car! I haven't even read the article yet as in abroad ha.

The Evo guys did seem impressed by my car on the day though. Funny since they were driving Ferrari F40s and McLaren F1s the week before!

God job there Sam, they clearly were enjoying driving your car and it looks superb in the pics. :approve:
Have you got eibach sportlines or are the springs standard? It just looks to sit a bit "better" than standard to me! ?

The article reflected the value of the 182, citing that you'd likely pay a fair bit less than the chosen £4k price-point for a 182.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Cheers, it's on the Eibach Prolines with standard cup shocks etc. Told the Evo guys as they were looking for a standard car, but since the difference is minimal they weren't bothered.

Looks like they didn't use any of the sliding shots they were taking in the day!

Alfa 147 GTA
£4k? ..Yea abit odd the 147 GTA was in there then.

The Alfa was purchased for the price of £3600. I know that because A), the article says so, and B) it's my car!

It was originally advertised for £4900, but me and my trust mechanic managed to haggle the price down to reflect the condition of the car, which had clearly not been looked after terribly well. The quotes at the end of the article were rather out of context in parts as well, as I was trying to say that if you buy a GTA at this price point it will need money spending on it, as mine has. If you want a minter, you'll pay anything up to seven or eight grand.

As Sam has already said, it was a great day, even if the article forget to mention the Impreza breaking down every couple of miles (and just how much of an oddball its owner was!), and they clearly weren't bothered by a few mods - the GT Four was highly fettled and allegedly running circa 400bhp!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Yeah was definitely a great day, made me very jealous of those guys and their jobs!

Fred they loved the exhaust even before you made it fit perfect, so can only imagine they'd love it more now that the rasp is maximised. I did mention BTM to them so hoped they mentioned you?

Still abroad so still bloody haven't grabbed a copy. Cannot wait to pic one up tomorrow when I'm back on old Blighty

Alfa 147 GTA
The article just mentions it was an aftermarket exhaust, it doesn't specify a manufacturer. Call me egotistical if you will, but I've got two copies of the magazine, my subscriber copy and an off-the-shelf one just because the regular retail magazine has the cars visible on the front. Sam, yours is front and centre and your plate can be seen clearly, though mine seems to have been reversed for some reason.

I do have a question for you though, Sam. When the rest of us were wrapping up at the end of the day, it was mentioned that we might be able to get some prints of the pictures taken on the day - I've not yet seen any such, and while I haven't exactly chased it, I wondered if you'd seen or heard anything of the sort?

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Finally got myself a copy :D

And yeah Nick mate I actually did contact Dean (the photographer) via email at the end of last week regarding possible digital copies. He hasn't come back to me yet, but when I asked him on the day he said it shouldn't be a problem once the mag has been published. I would love some prints too so hopefully he'll get back to me soon, if not I guess I'll give one of the other guys a try ha.

And I bought 2 copies straight off the shelf mate, £9.00! But well worth it, one to read and show off, the other to keep in pristine condition.

And I love the write up, the arrival scene is pretty good with my lack of air con and your sports car engine note.

Alfa 147 GTA
Sam did you hear anything back from Dean or the others? There were so many shots they didn't use - Gt-Four getting very sideways on that corner for example - I'd love to have a few to stick in a folder and keep safe!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I did hear back from Dean, he sent me across digital copies, but only the 3 they used in the magazine unfortunately.

If you drop him an email I'm sure he'll be happy to send across the pics of yours. They're blood high res!