ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ex Mark Fish 210+bhp Cup

VaVa
Induction kit is an ITG Maxogen, fitted arse about face - They've removed that big useless hung of metal from the from the front of the plenham cover (?) And fed a cold air feed up to it.

TDI tyre shreader
Thats a serious cup!! I remember the Mark Fish 210bhp mod being brought up a while ago, it went down about aswell as the LAD 200 mods but it was also strongly supported by a guy off here who said that the gains are true.

Ph1
lagerlout1 said:
Induction kit is an ITG Maxogen, fitted arse about face - They've removed that big useless hung of metal from the from the front of the plenham cover (?) And fed a cold air feed up to it.

Yeah i re-edited my post just before you posted bud. lol.....it says on what IK it was. Excuse whilst i take my blonde wig off haha

Would have thought there must be a spot of head, inlet and other work to crack well over 200 bhp ?

Didnt think a R-sport chip would be good enough to control fuelling with cams ??

VaVa
Nor did I mate.

Maybe you could just scrape 200 with IK, zorst, cams and a remap, but it would have to be a custom one. Can't see what is essentially an off the shelf chip with those mods giving 210bhp.

Lionel Richie
i doubt its 210bhp (yasser's Mark Fish car was 211bhp, after a visit or 3 to GDI)

it'll be incredibly well setup in terms of chassis

my estimate is 200bhp for that car

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Yassers car had all sorts of bits done, larger injectors, matched inlet, headwork, SMT, Piper Cams, Large exhaust, sprots CAT,

it was just over 210,

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think that is Yasers Cup...isn't it? I know it's back on standard wheels...but when I last saw him at Goodwood, I remember having a good look at the air feed into his Maxogen - it was exactly like in the pictures.

Nippy white cup
I think Yassers had different sideskirts on m8...obviously this one has the same IK setup being done at the same place.

Chris

williams 2 turbo
mark fish is a top bloke and has only been building proper race cars for 20 years or so, so i doubt he knows what he is on about!. maybe just maybe, it is 210bhp, why not phone him and ask, or just put his work down as per normal, and his claims are not like lad in any shape or form.

MKIII 138
diamond geezer said:
mark fish is a top bloke and has only been building proper race cars for 20 years or so, so i doubt he knows what he is on about!. maybe just maybe, it is 210bhp, why not phone him and ask, or just put his work down as per normal, and his claims are not like lad in any shape or form.

true ^

if yassers cup wasnt pushing much power, how come it could do 0-60 in 5.1 secs ! M3, STi territory

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Mark did not do the setup though, we did on yassers car that is

Mark however built the engine, the inlet manifold was done my AWT the mapping etc was done by me.

the chassis is a handfull, but awesome if you can drive.

I cant agree more about mark though, great guy, known him for yrs

MKIII 138
does chris n nic`s cup have fancy gear ratio`s or an LSD ? cos as far as im aware that has/had only 184bhp and has acheived a 5.7 to 60

Half stripped mk2 172
As Loony said, 0-60 is not about bhp, a lot depends on how well a chassis is set up, lsd, gear ratios, etc... I used to drag race in Malta in proper pro-race cars so I kno what I am talking about. Vince

Ph1
run115 said:
As Loony said, 0-60 is not about bhp, a lot depends on how well a chassis is set up, lsd, gear ratios, etc... I used to drag race in Malta in proper pro-race cars so I kno what I am talking about. Vince

Fact is tho that not many Clio Sport owners are gonna be spending X amount of money on LSD's and messing with the gear ratio's.

Realistically it'll just be a case of setting the suspension and making the thing as light as poss.

Getting the power down is part of the parcel, and the fun lol, when upping the bhp

Nippy white cup
meggerman said:
does chris n nic`s cup have fancy gear ratio`s or an LSD ? cos as far as im aware that has/had only 184bhp and has acheived a 5.7 to 60

No fancy gizmos for me...think it`s mainly down to driver skill! ;)

chris

Nippy white cup
Chris n`nic said:
No fancy gizmos for me...think it`s mainly down to driver skill! ;)

chris

ie clutch/throttle control and the ability to turn right when the road does! :evil:

Chris