ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exalto's - Mytyres.co.uk vs Tyre fitter

Shhh
Im in the market for 2x tyres fitted to my clio 182.

Ive contacted mytyres.co.uk who want just under £80 a tyre delivered to my place. That works out to be £179 ishy for the 2 tyres.. nice price..

Now, today ive been ringing round the tyre dealers and ive come up with these..

ATS - Quote £120 a tyre, can do £115 a tyre though..
Kwik Fit - £95 a tyre, but was interested in what price ive already had (think he can go less)

If i go with mytyres, it will cost me £10 for fitting, therefore making it £90 a tyre..

So is it worth buying from Mytyre.co.uk if you can get them fitted to the car and supplied for £5 extra.. i think so.. if any problems you can just take them back..

Im currently trying a few more tyre places when i get on..

Tyre sizes are 205/45/16V in the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2's form.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
See what the best price from Kwik Fit is for 2 tyres.

Knock £20 off your best price & give it ago.

We have selectatyre near us they guarantee to beat any price.

Turbos.
Look on Yellow Pages (or Yell.com) for local tyre fitters. Kwik Fit is hardly excellent value for money!

I have managed to beat mytyres.co.uk once at a local fitter, and it so much more convienent.

I've ordered online before and places tend to be arsey about not buying their tyres, and rightly so.

Cooper S JCW
Try BlackCircles - they have a list of fitters that they send the tyres direct to and the fitting costs you less then. Jeffreys High Performance tyres near me is one of their fitters and they gaurantee no damage to your wheels!

Cooper S JCW
Just worked it out at Blackcircles and it's £194 inc vat/delivery/fitting for 2 x Michelin PE2 Exalto 205/45/16 tyres

Shhh
Ive tried blackcircles, found them well over the top. (kwik fit standard price £190 supplied & fitted)

I did look at mytyres etc, but then you have the hassle. For the price of £5 a tyre extra, you can have them fitted without any worries, and if you have a problem you can always return to the garage with the receipt.

Ive not tried kiwkfit again, but i guessed that he has stock checked to see if he can get them delivered for saturday means he may have fixed the price on this. I can google for another kwik fit in the area and maybe give them a go.

Im up in grimsby, well more like coningsby which has no tyre garages. Ive been told to try bush tyres place and the north lincs tyre garage and go from there.

Im gonna stick these on the credit card and pay them off at the end of the month with whats left in the bank account.

This is the problem i had i was going to get them from My Tyres and the were 79.20 each then i had to get them fitted that would be a pain so went to a local tyre place pro tyre and the wanted £204 for two i said you can leave it went to another place and got them for £183 for two fitted it would cost me that to order from my tyres and get fitted and these was with less hassle not a bad price i dont think

Shhh
When i asked them to price match them, im sure they would of gone lower, but then i had the problem that they may request that i tell them who will supply them, then they may contact them.

End of the day, its not worth messing it all up for £3-4

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Just paid £104.50 for 2x PE2 Exalto's fitted/balanced etc. Mine are 15s though, sorry, but cheap as chips.

Rob669

Shhh
Got them for £89 each.

Went to kwik fit and it was busy, waiting room was full. Told him i had a price match of £89, as Mr Tyre in cleethorpes can do them for £89 fitted. Said contacted them back and asked and they said it was ok. He then rang them, and come back with a price for £102 fitted each. Then told me he could go half way, to £91 fitted.

Meanwhile i knew he had orded them in, and they were about for me. I was thinking he cant return them easily, so i stuck to me £89 price. Told them i was happy to leave it. And funny enough he said yes, after some moaning. Meanwhile 4 people were waiting behind me and heard it.

Not bad, as i guess i got them cheaper that i would of from mytyres, and costco as i dont have a card...nor one near me.

regards,

mr aliasomega