ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exaltos vs Toyos!

172 Ph2
I need a set of fronts for the cup fairly soon, they're not worn out but I like my tyres to be pretty mint!. I was thinking of another set of Exaltos but I've had Toyo T1 R and s tyres on other cars and I liked them. Might stick a whole set of T1R's on the car to see how they perform(and sell the rear Exaltos!) but has anybody tried the Toyos and should I just buy a set of Exaltos?

172 Ph2
I know tyres are very personal but the bare facts are that I can get 2 Exaltos fitted for £200 and 4 Toyos fitted for £255!!! You do the maths!!!

I'm happy to pay extra for the Pilots if they are that much better!

I always liked the Pilots on my brand new saxo:cool: Guess I'm showing my age!!!(and the fact that even non chavs have at least owned paxos!!!) and I like'd the Exaltos before they were worn low!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Page 1. ;)

I've tried toyo t1-r's and t1-s's both shite in the wet ok in the dry . Exaltos in the wet and dry for me .

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
F1's for me too. PE2's would have been £60 more for 4 so decided against them.

F1 is probably still the best wet weather tyre and would rather sacrifice some dry performance for that.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i have toyos r/s's on my car for nearly all the time i've had the car, fine imo.

Tangoed Works
Tried T1R, very good, but the Michelins inspire loads of confidence in all weather. Not that your going to be going nuts in the wet, but if someone pulls out in front of you etc. You cant put a price on safey IMO.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You do the maths, when you stick it in a ditch!!!!!!!!!!!!

& yes they are, more so when it's wet.

MARK A said:
I know tyres are very personal but the bare facts are that I can get 2 Exaltos fitted for £200 and 4 Toyos fitted for £255!!! You do the maths!!!

I'm happy to pay extra for the Pilots if they are that much better!

I always liked the Pilots on my brand new saxo:cool: Guess I'm showing my age!!!(and the fact that even non chavs have at least owned paxos!!!) and I like'd the Exaltos before they were worn low!

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Weren't the Exaltos designed with the Clio?? (I could be very wrong here)

If so though, I'd stick with them...

106 GTi
There is reason Toyos are much cheaper because they aint that great.

Can't comment on them on a 182, but did plenty of miles in them on my 205 and 309 GTis. Exaltos and the Goodyears are both a cut above the Toyos in all areas, esp in the wet and how long they last.

Stick to the Exaltos.