ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel help please....

Clio
I might be having a stupid day but can't think how I'd do the following......

I have two spreadsheets in a work book. Containing the following columns.

Sheet 1
Bed---Network Point---MAC address

Sheet 2
MAC Address---Network Point---IP Address

The bed and Network point data are complete on sheet 1 and the MAC address is complete on sheet 2.

What I want is........

When I assign a MAC address to a bed/network point in sheet 1, it finds the corresponding MAC address on sheet 2 and populates the network point field with the Network point from sheet 1.

Clio
ot sure if I get VLOOKUP. It would expect the MAC Address to be in column A on sheet 1. That defeats the boject of what I'm doing.

Clio
They are in different columns on the two sheets.

Sheet 2 has a list of all the MAC addresses I have.

Eventually, each of these MAC addresses will be allocated to a bed and added to sheet 1.

If that makes sense.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Reorder the comlumns on sheet 2, putting network point in the first column. You can then use the lookup formula on sheet 1 in the mac address column. Something like the below.

=VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)

Clio
Ta. I think but I have loads of columns on the sheets.

MAC address is column 12 on sheet 1 and column 1 on sheet 2. Does that make a difference?