ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel help please....

Clio
I might be having a stupid day but can't think how I'd do the following......

I have two spreadsheets in a work book. Containing the following columns.

Sheet 1
Bed---Network Point---MAC address

Sheet 2
MAC Address---Network Point---IP Address

The bed and Network point data are complete on sheet 1 and the MAC address is complete on sheet 2.

What I want is........

When I assign a MAC address to a bed/network point in sheet 1, it finds the corresponding MAC address on sheet 2 and populates the network point field with the Network point from sheet 1.

Clio
ot sure if I get VLOOKUP. It would expect the MAC Address to be in column A on sheet 1. That defeats the boject of what I'm doing.

Clio
They are in different columns on the two sheets.

Sheet 2 has a list of all the MAC addresses I have.

Eventually, each of these MAC addresses will be allocated to a bed and added to sheet 1.

If that makes sense.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Reorder the comlumns on sheet 2, putting network point in the first column. You can then use the lookup formula on sheet 1 in the mac address column. Something like the below.

=VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)

Clio
Ta. I think but I have loads of columns on the sheets.

MAC address is column 12 on sheet 1 and column 1 on sheet 2. Does that make a difference?