ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel Help

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Morning all,

I need some help with excel, I think I need to apply conditional formatting to highlight some data.

I have an if statement in which highlights the data I want with yes or no, however, is there anyway I can apply something that will highlight the row of data that falls into the yes catergory?

I hope that explains what I want, I don't really wanna go through 3000 rows and highlight it myself.

Thanks.

Deeg.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
In a forumla in a cell, copied down to all relevent cells.

I don't know what a VB is?

VB is Visual Basic. Simlpy put its code that you write tht runs behind the worksheet.

And i assume you want it to highlight a range of cells in the row and now the entire row?

JP

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The entire row is fine.

I just don't want to have to sort through 3000 cells and highlight them myself.

german
why don't you just sort the column with the Yes/no and highlight the whole chunk then unsort...(after putting in a reference column at teh beginning so you can unsort)

german
what is the "yes/no" statement dependant on? Can't the conditional formatting do the job of the IF statement?

Easiest way would be too use conditional formatting

if you got skype i can talk you through it, will only take a second

JP

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
why don't you just sort the column with the Yes/no and highlight the whole chunk then unsort...(after putting in a reference column at teh beginning so you can unsort)

Ha ha ha, I never thought of that.

what is the "yes/no" statement dependant on? Can't the conditional formatting do the job of the IF statement?

I've no idea, I usually get one of the geeks to help me with Excel, but as I'm at home, my limitations have become very clear.

The yes relates to greater than 50.

A ANIMAL
Ha ha ha, I never thought of that.

I've no idea, I usually get one of the geeks to help me with Excel, but as I'm at home, my limitations have become very clear.

The yes relates to greater than 50.

Lol - it's piss easy

Have you actually looked the the conditional formatting? it's very self explanitory

I assume you just want it to flag any number over 50?

german
Condititonal formatting will do the trick then. You can add conditions to the column of data. highlight column>Format>conditional formatting>cell value is>Greater than>type 50. Job done.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you all very much. That makes the next hour a bit less dull than I was expecting it to be.

That will do the single cell but then if you select the rest of the row you want to highlight green as well and instead of cell value put formula is then

Example
=$A$1="Yes"

then click format and then set color to green that will do the rest.

JP

step1.PNG

step2.PNG